Website International SOS EEMEA
|Qualification||Public Health and/or Travel Health Degree desirable, not essential|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 4400 To AED 4500 Per Month|
The coordinating nurse is required to perform a robust telephonic medical assessment of patients globally through the collection of medical, logistical, and collateral histories pertaining to the medical event/incident.
This medical assessment is used to provide tailored and relevant medical advice, referrals, and complex medical case management which can also result in medical transportation using evidence-based medicine.
The Coordinating Nurse works collaboratively with the International SOS team of Doctors, Nurses, and logistical experts through our 26 Assistance Centres, 65 international medical clinics, and verified global health
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep up to date with rapidly changing health trends, endemic health risks, pandemics, and their impact on global health infrastructure.
- Become familiar and highly competent in navigating internal and external public health resources to provide the most tailored advice for clients pre, during and post travel.
- To perform a telephonic triage of clients based in international settings with careful consideration of their past medical history, endemic health risks, and present circumstances.
- Conduct a critical analysis of the client’s requests for assistance to ensure their individual health needs are met and actively identify opportunities to provide a holistic value-added service
- Provide evidence-based medical direction for the management of their presenting condition. Global Assistance Networks (GAN) and Referrals:
- Monitor and prioritize caseloads throughout the day to ensure appropriate case direction and handling, clinical safety, medical appropriateness, and any client-specific considerations.
- To liaise and collaborate with medical and operational staff to facilitate the efficient running of medical assistance cases
Required Work Experience
- High level of consolidated experience in acute care
- Previous medical assistance experience is desirable, not essential
- Previous public health and/or travel health experience desirable, not essential
Required Qualifications and Languages
- Registered General Nurse (must have valid registration)
- Public Health and/or Travel Health Degree desirable, not essential
- Excellent written and oral English Language
- Additional language skills are desirable, not essential