Website Resorts of the Canadian Rockies
Do you enjoy outdoor adventure? How about meeting like-minded individuals who share a passion for mountain culture? Does a free season pass sound like a good perk to you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies is the place you want to work.
We are looking to fill the position of Base Operations Attendant at Fernie Alpine Resort. When guests come to our hill they often comment on the beauty of the surrounding scenery, how breathtaking the mountains are, and most importantly, how well maintained the base area is. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a variable indoor and outdoor mountain environment, be physically capable of heavy work, have an eye for detail, and display excellence in customer service at all times. Come join our team and enjoy perks such as discounts on lodging and lessons, employee events, food and beverage discounts, and much much more!
- Ensure a safe, comfortable, and friendly atmosphere for both guests and staff
- Assist and upsell guests at every opportunity
- Maintain cleanliness of public washrooms, base area, restaurants, dispatch, daycare, offices, administration, and maintenance shop.
- Ensure proper use of WHIMIS practices
- Control incoming and outgoing traffic at key intersections and in parking lots
- Assist Events Team and other departments as required
- Know and adhere to the policies, rules and protocols outlined in the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies Employee Handbook
- Know and follow all safe work procedures included in the Safety Management Program
- Know and comply with all expectations of the Injury Management/Return-to-Work Programs
- Perform other tasks and duties that are applicable
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Physically capable of manual labour and lifting heavy loads
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Full-time seasonal role
Whether it’s the mountain culture, historic downtown Fernie, or just a love for biking, Fernie Alpine Resort is the place to be. We are an equal opportunity employer and look forward to hearing from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest in Resorts of the Canadian Rockies; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in the position, please apply online with your resume and cover letter. Experience the Ultimate.