Website Group 42
G42 Healthcare is an Abu Dhabi based health technology company active across data and AI, digital health, advanced OMICS, pharma, diagnostics and environmental sciences.
G42 Healthcare has recently merged with the healthcare arm of the Abu Dhabi Sovereign Fund Mubadala (Mubadala Health) creating a unique organisation with over 7,000 staff spanning omics, technology and healthcare provision.
G42 Healthcare is also the facilitator of the 1 million Emirati Genome Program, operating an NGS facility that can deliver over 500,000 whole genome sequences per annum. We have recently launched a regional partnership with Somalogic, establishing the first high-throughput proteomics facility in the Middle East, and also own the local Health Information Exchange called Mallafi.
We look for a Bioinformatician with work experience in genomics and bioinformatics. G42 is strongly involved in the Emirati Genome Program (EGP), a population genomics project, which is one of the largest in the world. The EGP also has the largest long reads cohort in the world (90K), including methylation. This role will be heavily involved in the analysis of the EGP, an opportunity to make new discoveries in an unique dataset.
The candidate will:
- Comply with team’s working system (communication channels, meetings, training)
- Embrace team’s culture values
- Report to the Bioinformatics Manager and interact with the Bioinformatics Director
- Directly work with sub-team members to meet “Key Responsibilities” (see below)
- Strongly interact with other BIX’s members to meet team’s targets
- Collaborate with Healthcare Technology and OUs to meet the company’s targets
- The candidate will contribute to the primary goal of analyzing a large volume of genomics data.
- Scope requirements and attempted improvements with stakeholders (e.g. BIX member, OU, collaborator, customer)
- Technical enablement – infrastructure improvements; validations (experimental procedures, software, computing environment, etc.); proof-of-concepts
- Support G42 Healthcare OUs and customers
- Special projects – relatively small projects (e.g. pilot studies before Production)
- Write reports summarizing procedures and results, and presentation to stakeholders
- Formal education (PhD or equivalent experience) in fields with deep exposure to genomics, computing environments, programming, statistics and data analysis
- More than 5 years of experience in bioinformatics in academic or industry setups
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Bash, Python, R)
- Strong background in populational genomics, GWAS, ancestry
- Strong background in CNV, SV, ROH, family analysis
- Experience in long read technology
- Knowledge of statistical genetics
- Embrace tools to avoid knowledge, code or data silos: Git*, Confluence, Jira, Teams
- Exposure to genomics data analysis frameworks (e.g. Hail, Glow)
- Knowledge of ML or AI tools
- Knowledge of proteomics, or scRNA, or expression
- Effective communication skills – from interaction with company colleagues to writing and presenting technical documents (e.g. reports, peer-reviewed articles, white papers, conference presentations)
- Predisposition to accept and give feedback
- Proactiveness and no solo mode working
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.