- Jobs in Canada
- Toronto, ON•Hybrid remote
- Employee assistance program
Pomerleau is recognized as leaders in the Canadian Construction Industry. Our Clients benefit from our 50+ years of expertise as general contractor, construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee lives this value each and every day, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sector where we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and are passionate about what they do.
What YOU Will Do
- Identify and analyze potential commercial risks and liabilities associated with proposals, ongoing projects and supplier agreements;
- Interface with internal stakeholders as required, including technical, risk assessment, legal, cost estimating, insurance, bond, taxation, treasury and finance function;
- Provide commercial support in contract administration and in the preparation of narratives and entitlement documentation and resolution of claims;
- Ensure flow down of the prime contract terms to other related contracts and ongoing projects;
- Access confidential information to support medium and long term financial analysis and planning;
- Assist the project teams in the understanding and interpretation of the contract language;
- Analyze the risk related to various agreements to reach an acceptable position on commercial terms;
- Manage the commercial aspects on behalf of Pomerleau and in the preparation, reviews and negotiation of agreements;
- Understand various financial aspects such as liquidated damages, liabilities, and bonding;
- Support the development and implementation of the communication strategy with the Sponsor and the Public Authority, while taking into consideration the DB legal and commercial issues;
- Coordinate with team members to establish agendas to be addressed with the Authority at Commercial Meetings you attend;
- Implement strategies in collaboration with project team members;
Participate in the integrity of the process and foster positive relationships internally and externally.
What YOU Will Bring
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Marketing, Law or equivalent;
- 10+ years of P3, Design-Build contracts or related experience;
- A solid understanding of Public procurement processes and policies, as well as proposal processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced technical skills in MS Word, MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and collaborate successfully in a team environment;
- Superior organizational and project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects through to completion;
- Ability to self-manage a project or process and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility to accommodate varied hours that accompany a deadline driven environment;
- Conscientious with strong attention to detail.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours all year long
- Access to telemedicine platform Dialogue for free
- New hybrid work policy
What are you waiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about all job opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of the recruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.