Website Lester B. Pearson School Board
|Qualification||Diploma of college studies in a relevant field of study|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 62774 To CAD 83696 Per Year|
NATURE OF THE WORK
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Educational Services, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the management of elementary school daycares, in particular, the position of Superintendent of Daycare Services entails responsibility for the management of the technical, Administrative and manual activities are required for the operation of all elementary daycares in the School Board. The position includes Coordinating Daycare Technician meetings, supporting schools with daycare and lunch staffing, planning, and finance.
Support Daycare technicians in planning educational activities that align with local educational projects. Plan and in some cases deliver professional development activities, including the training of new daycare staff. This position is located at the head office in the ESD department.
The chosen candidate will have:
- Diploma of college studies in a relevant field of study.
- 6 years of relevant experience in a school daycare setting.
- Technical and managerial skills.
- Proven leadership experience.
- In-depth understanding of elementary school daycare.
- Effective Communication skills in English and French (written & verbal).
- Ability to work and learn autonomously.
- Strong computer skills.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Support schools in providing daycare activities that are engaging and align with the local Education Project.
- Coordinate and deliver professional development to train all daycare staff.
- Collaborate with Physical Education consultant to provide active living professional development.
- Support daycare technicians in planning and budgets.
- Support daycare technicians with registration if needed.
- Support schools by promoting daycare at open houses.
- Support in the hiring process of daycare staff.
- Provide the daycare technician support, upon request, with the overall running of daily daycare activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Daycare Rules and Regulations Handbook.
- Support, as required, the Administrators of the School Board by providing them with pertinent information.
- Participate in developing and updating information resources.
- Represent, the School Board or the administrative unit in matters related to their sector of activity including provincial networks.
- Assume any other responsibility compatible with their function that may be assigned to them by the immediate supervisor.
SALARY RANGE AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is classified as level 4 with remuneration and working conditions as per the Regulation Respecting the Conditions of Employment of Management Staff of School Boards.
To apply for this job please visit www.certfee.com.