Website Kiewit Corporation
We are looking for a Document Controller to support our growing project demands. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of building a world-renowned construction project that will make a positive impact on the local community. At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too. #LI-HM1
This position is based in Toronto.
- Perform audits of documents to ensure project files are current
- Duplicate, bind, and distribute documents as required
- Transmit, receive, record and distribute e-mail correspondence and documentation according to established procedures
- Maintain records of incoming document transmittals and prepare outgoing transmittals and packages
- Assist with registration, filing and control of incoming and outgoing documentation
- Perform database input and word-processing functions
- Ensure that the confidentiality of sensitive information is protected
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; Post-secondary education in a Business discipline or a post post-graduate certificate preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience n the construction industry preferred
- Knowledge of records/information management principles and their methodologies an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and SharePoint
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours and to travel across Canada
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.