- Jobs in Canada
Website Allen Leigh Consulting
- RRSP match
EnerQuality is Canada’s #1 certifier of energy-efficient homes and the market leader in residential building programs. Founded in 1998 as a partnership between the Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) and the Canadian Energy Efficiency Alliance (CEEA), EnerQuality’s mission is to accelerate housing innovation to improve building performance.
EnerQuality brings the residential construction industry together to design and deliver innovative, scalable, sustainable, and high-performance building programs. As a purpose-driven organization, our programs are designed to bring solutions that meet industry challenges that support builders and renovators to deliver sustainability and high-performance building impact.
Notable programs include demonstration projects featuring integrated project design and emerging technologies, high-performance technology and building science training, and building certification including ENERGY STAR® (ES).
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, with a dotted line to the Managing Director, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the marketing and communication plans to support the organization’s strategy.
This position is responsible for increasing the organization’s profile in the creation of content and opportunities to foster engagement with our customers, prospective customers, and key stakeholders, as well as to drive participation in our programs, services, and events. The individual will work in collaboration and closely with various internal staff members and external stakeholders.
Select Key Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Team Alignment
- Responsible for the definition, implementation, analysis, and optimization of strategic marketing plans to turn great ideas and strategies into tangible marketing outcomes.
- Manage the development and implementation of processes, tools, metrics, strategic initiatives, infrastructure, and technology that will support and improve the operations of the marketing function.
- Work with key stakeholders to drive development, alignment, and centralized management of marketing strategies in alignment with broader organizational goals.
- Drive organization-wide efforts to ensure Marketing and Communications resources are effectively managed and allocated.
- Lead the development of a marketing infrastructure that supports the streamlined execution of the organization’s strategic focus
Marketing and Communications
- Develop the strategic marketing plan for the company, implementation of marketing campaigns, and analyses of initiatives to ensure effectiveness.
- Develop and support new strategic marketing programs to continue the growth of the organization.
- Manage and oversee the development of the organization’s overall marketing strategy and the execution of integrated marketing plans across various channels including online, print, and in-person.
- Creation of compelling content for various platforms, including social media, websites, newsletters, and press releases.
- Lead team members to gather stories, testimonials, and photos/videos that showcase the organization’s impact.
- Manage outside vendors who may assist with content or design.
- Planning, development, and presentation of sales and brand materials at all key trade shows and other events ensuring our brand is well represented.
- Establish and manage a process to analyze the performance of marketing efforts.
- Support the research and development of a new subscription model to drive the diversification and creation of new revenue streams for the business.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for new products and services to promote business development and revenue-generating strategies and activities.
- Assist with sponsorship initiatives and proposals.
- Identify opportunities for speaking at industry events to promote our various programs and services.
- Collaborate with internal Event Manager and other departments as needed to support coordination and participation in industry trade shows, conferences, and events to ensure the brand is being well represented.
- Maintain a calendar of industry events and ensure internal teams are kept aware of upcoming events.
- Lead and support the planning and promotion of EnerQuality’s signature events.
- Collect and leverage market research and insights to identify target audiences and tailor messages to resonate with diverse stakeholders.
- Monitor industry trends to identify opportunities for differentiation and innovation.
- Establish distribution networks for products and services.
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, business, or a related
- 5+ years experience in marketing communications, copywriting, and project management/event planning.
- Strong marketing and communications leadership experience with success gained, preferably in a similarly complex and high-growth company.
- Experience working within construction, residential building, and sustainability industries preferred.
- Strong interest in environmental sustainability.
- Comfortable using design tools such as Canva, and Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, and Power BI is an asset.
- General knowledge of web content management tools including WordPress.
- Customer-focused mindset with the ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships, and experience using CRMs.
- Self-motivated, proactive, resourceful, results-driven, and a strong team player.
Working @ EnerQuality
This is a full-time position best suited for an individual that prefers to work in-person more than not. There is some flexibility to WFH, but it’s primarily an in-person role. Occasional extended work hours and travel required to attend industry events.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with comprehensive health benefits, an RRSP matching program, generous vacation and paid sick/personal days, plus an extended paid December holiday.
We are a small organization with a meaningful influence. Our culture is centered around growth and opportunity – there’s no limit to the contributions made by our employees. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for a meaningful career, we’d love to hear from you!
EnerQuality strives to build a diverse team that reflects the communities we work in, and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ+, veterans, and people with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.