- Jobs in Canada
- Toronto, ON
Website The Minto Group
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Since 1955, we’ve been proudly building better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time. To us, it’s all about special moments — like the thrill of a new apartment, the pride in owning a first home, or a growing investment partnership. We recognize this continues with great employees, like you, and would love for you to join us on our mission. At Minto we welcome change, celebrate new ideas and provide you with the resources, professional training and diverse opportunities to grow your career.
Your offer will include:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus + benefits effective 1st day + RRSP matching plan + 3 weeks’ vacation
- Tuition reimbursement plans and professional development courses
- Employee recognition platform – Be rewarded by your colleagues for your contributions!
- Flexible summer hours
- Many exciting career opportunities
The Facility Compliance Inspector is responsible for ensuring the Minto Properties apartment rental portfolio is maintained to Minto standards, fully compliant with legislative codes and providing technical support and training to internal customers.
Your role on our team:
- Performs scheduled quarterly inspections of assets.
- Conducts unscheduled spot checks on serviced equipment to verify work is being completed on schedule and in accordance with contractual specifications and the authority having jurisdiction.
- Ensures legislative compliance of portfolio is maintained through site visits and the review of service reports.
- Maintains legislatively required inspection reports and certificates in Document Management System.
- Recommends measures to improve equipment performance and efficiency when noted and suggests improvements.
- Assists in training new site staff to ensure proper operation of building systems and overall compliance of assets.
- Provides strong technical guidance and expertise to onsite staff to ensure that maintenance issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works with internal customers to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Promotes safe working practices, monitors compliance with Minto H&S policies, and aids in minimizing physical hazards to promote an overall safe work environment for all employees and outside contractors.
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
We would like you to have:
- Minimum 5 years experience working with building systems and code compliance of buildings both commercial and residential.
- Knowledge of Yardi/ERP system would be considered an asset.
- Project management and or contract management is required.
- Self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Focused on ownership of roles and responsibilities.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving.
- Relationship builder with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
- College Diploma or University Degree in relate field considered an asset.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Our future is better together. Apply now and join us!
Minto is an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.