Website Northern Health
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and working within the scope of Northern Health (NH) Regional Policies and Processes, the NH Regional Food Safety Plan and the NH Regional Food Sanitation Plan, this position assists the Cooks, blending, grinding, slicing, preparing salads, vegetables, sandwiches, and portioning desserts, measuring and combining food and beverage ingredients. Sets up and portions, with accuracy, patient trays and / or resident meals including therapeutic diet items according to nutrition care plans. Check patient trays to ensure accuracy. Prepares items such as tea, coffee and toast. Washes dishes, pots, pans, utensils and performs general cleaning. Serves staff meals and oversees the collection and receipt of cash for items purchased which may include punching meal tickets.
Shift Rotation/Hours of work: Days, Evenings – 07:00 to 13:30, 15:00 to 19:00, Rotating
Peace Villa is attached to the new Fort St. John Hospital via a corridor link. Peace Villa is a 115-bed facility, including one respite bed. Peace Villa provides Recreational Therapy Services 5 days a week. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are provided by the Peace Villa Worship Services and community volunteers. There is a Volunteer Program in place to support recreational activities. Hairdressing and barber services are available on site for a fee determined by the service provider. Peace Villa also provides an on-site integrated community adult day program, operating 5 days a week.
Fort St. John is located above the Peace River Valley, and has a diverse population of 21,000 (2021) and serves an area of approximately 69,000. The friendly, small town feel comes with big city amenities and a vibrant arts community. Check out Fort St. John for more information on what this energetic community has to offer.
What Northern Health has to offer you!
- Comprehensive benefit packages including extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
- Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
- Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
- Employee referral program
- Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
- “Loan Forgiveness Programs” are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.
- Grade 10 with one (1) year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation’s communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
RELIEF PART TIME (0.65 FTE)
Fort St. John
PEV FOOD SERVICES
MANAGER OR DESIGNATE
OCTOBER 30, 2023