Website Easton's Group of Hotels
Looking for a career change? Join one of Canada’s most successful and multicultural Hospitality companies, that strives to take your talent to the next level. With 19 hotels owned and managed by Easton’s Group of Hotels, and a further 6 in development, your passion, collaboration, and voice will be an excellent addition to our growing Organization. As a company, we strive to provide exceptional benefits, perks, and growth opportunities to all our employees. If you have a passion for exceptional service delivery, are results driven and appreciate the recognition, Easton’s is your career partner of choice.Easton’s team believes that excellence is achievable only in an environment that embraces and promotes Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I). Our company is challenging the way we work, think, and develop an inclusive workplace. Our commitment to ED&I allows us to achieve our vision and mission and ensure a more equitable future for all.
About The HotelHilton Garden Inn Toronto/ Vaughan is owned and operated by Easton’s Group of Hotels. C onveniently located near top attractions in Ontario, including Canada’s Wonderland, Vaughan Mills Mall and York University.
- Wellness Days
- Employee Social Events
- On-Site Parking
- Career Development
- Hotel discount at Hilton properties
Job OverviewCheck-in/check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner; process all payments according to established procedures to ensure guest satisfaction.Duties And Responsibilities
- Welcomes guests in a friendly, prompt, and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location; prepare for group check-in and out and VIP arrivals; become informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift. Answer phones promptly and courteously.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions per established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposits, and counting/securing assigned banks.
- Issue, control, and release guest safe deposit boxes.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests; promotes hotel services, facilities, and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction. Make appropriate service recovery gestures to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel, process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned including guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.
- In carrying out your duties you will follow all Company and Brand Standards.
Qualifications And Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus one-year front desk/guest service experience. Some college is preferred.
- Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- This job requires the ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office area
- Remain stationary for extended periods.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Handling objects, products, and computer equipment
- Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, and training abilities are often used.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.