Website Group 42
Job duties include a combination of the following responsibilities: extensive and complex steps requiring manual manipulation, close monitoring and control, evaluation of data, and careful and accurate work. Training periods are typically long and require some reading of pertinent literature related to the specialty to maintain current knowledge in this dynamic, rapidly evolving, field.
Performs assigned sample procurement duties involving the receiving of genomic DNA, inventory management, supervising quality control, sample allotment, performing library, Sequencing, and training colleagues. Verify the library process and data management in the sequencer machine. Performs other non-technical and non-laboratory functions as assigned by the Department Lab Supervisor.
G42 Healthcare is committed to developing a world-class healthcare sector in the UAE as well as around the world. We aim to empower healthcare outcomes, clinical operations, and medical R&D by harnessing the power of data & AI to unlock the true potential of personalized and preventive care.
- Performing QC for the library by Qubit/Fluoroskan and maintaining the record;
- Performing normalization using both manual and automated liquid handling systems before library preparation & pooling;
- Execution of library preparation using both manual and automated liquid handling systems;
- Execution of pooling & sequential dilution using both manual and automated liquid handling systems;
- Performing sequencing followed by instruments maintenance & maintaining a record of a sequencing run;
- Supervising laboratory technicians and ensuring their abidance to going rules and policies as applied and implemented in the Section/Department/Facility (as per requirement);
- Participate in sample management and inventory management;
- Participate in the writing of standard operating procedures and other documents relevant to the laboratory operation;
- To be able to participate and contribute to various operations involved in the laboratory (e.g. research, production, New protocol optimization or validation and etc.), as a whole while observing a hierarchical manner of reporting.
- Participate in R&D activities aimed at improving the quality of library preparations and generating new protocols or improving parts of existing protocols.
- Monitoring records of the manual worksheet and LIMS up to date and making sure that all data is incorporated in a correct and timely manner.
- Contribution to lab operations management, training of new lab members and interns
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Laboratory Sciences, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, and other related majors is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences especially Biotechnology or Molecular Biology.
- With good communication & interpersonal skills
- English (fluent)
- Arabic (fluent)
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences with 7 years experience or MSc in Life Sciences with 5 years experience in a Life Sciences related laboratory environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in an NGS laboratory;
- Experience in CAP or ISO 15189 certified laboratory is preferred.
Other licensure & Registration:
- Currently licensed in the country of origin.
- DOH License is preferred
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Operate general lab equipment with sufficient proficiency to execute test procedures and train others.
- Oriented with basic computer programs and software.
- Flexibility to dynamic shifts is preferred.
- Able to work under pressure and can blend well in a team by playing a significant role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org