- Jobs in Canada
- Greater Toronto Area, ON
Website Mattamy Homes
What we offer
Mattamy Homes has a unique career opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Land Development Team for an exciting opportunity to grow their career with an industry leader.
What you’ll do
- Project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting
- Promote project and community vision and design
- Manage municipal approvals: secondary plans, tertiary plans/block plans, draft plan, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration, etc.
- Manage and work well with multi-disciplined consultant teams
- Manage high level environmental and infrastructure study approvals: sub watershed study, master environmental servicing plans, etc.
- Manage the engineering process: civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process
- Understand how activities affect customer satisfaction
- Acquisitions and due diligence support
- Participate in home product development and translate into land and land use
- Participate in landowner group coordination and cost sharing negotiations
- Industry and market presence and awareness
- Investigate sustainable community alternatives
What you bring
- Degree or diploma in Engineering (Civil Engineering), Planning, or Real Estate/Business
- 3-5 years of relevant project management experience with a residential, consulting or engineering firm focused on land development projects
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Forward planning and thinking: scheduling; coordinating consultants, contractors, municipalities and internal resources
- Financial Management: always managing by the numbers and understanding the projects financial position
- Strategic execution: assisting in the development and implementation of project strategy; calling on the right people at the right time; challenging the process
- Communication: professional internal financial and timeline reporting; integrating well with Builder; early detection of issues
- Relationship skills: consistently balancing the interests of all stakeholders (municipal, political, partners, suppliers, Builder, etc.; upholding the reputation of Mattamy to facilitate smooth application processes
- Teamwork – overall contribution to the team; proactively helping others; consistent positive attitude; mentoring, teaching, training and learning
- An understanding of Provincial planning policy
- Experience/understanding of the Ontario Land Tribunal process
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.