Website St. Michael’s Hospital
|Qualification||Registration and good standing with the College of Medical and Imaging Radiation Technologists of Ontario|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 36 To CAD 45 Per Hour|
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical duties for MRI, ensuring compliance with magnetic safety procedures.
- Screens patients/staff/guests entering the magnetic scan room.
- Consults protocols with radiologists, modifying protocols in the absence of the radiologists.
- Prepares and assists with contrast injections.
- Assists, instructs, and educates patients prior to, during, and after the procedure.
- Reassures claustrophobic patients.
- Plans to maintain and organize work area ensuring all resources are gathered for patient procedures.
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly by troubleshooting to correct problems.
- Provides optimum patient care and demonstrates a professional manner in the work setting.
- Participate in teaching and training students and hospital employees.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in team-building concepts and the development of departmental goals.
- Organizes prioritizes and coordinates the scheduling of urgent bookings.
- Assist in bagging and maintaining films, records, and data entry, PACS archive
- Liaison with Research Clinics and other persons in research studies in MRI
- Compile monthly statistics for research if necessary
- Other duties as required.
- Registration and good standing with the College of Medical and Imaging Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists is preferred
- Must have MRI Certification.
- Minimum of one year experience in MRI as an asset.
- CPR or BCLS Certification is mandatory.
- IV injection course is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written), and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have knowledge of recent contemporary technology trends as it relates to the MRI.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to meet patient and staff needs in an efficient manner.
- Understanding and commitment to the Hospital’s Mission and Values.
- Commitment to meeting the goals and objectives of the department.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Punctuality and an excellent attendance record are mandatory
- All shifts (days, evenings, nights) including On Call and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit www.certfee.com.