Website DHL Express (part of Deutsche Post & DHL)
To control/monitor and report all KSA / Middle East and Intercontinental Air Operations. Adaptation of network schedule in case of delay or failure to ensure service performance. To ensure that service, cost safety and legal requirements are maintained on a day-to-day basis.
- To control and monitor air operations to ensure schedules are adhered to. Within the KSA/Middle East and International commercial air in regions.
- To analyze uplift requirements during the operation and change Aircraft/Truck allocations where considered required to ensure a timely and cost-effective service.
- Be the focal point of contact regarding network requirements on all published schedules to ensure DHL gateways/Hubs and DHL Express locations are fully aware of the real time situation and attainable results.
- Liaising and communicating with other departments to ensure the passing of information about flight changes or problems.
- To compile and distribute daily NCG reports to submit an overall review of the previous 24 hours operation.
- To control and monitor HUB systems to ensure all required transmissions are sent and received
- To ensure full compliance to Network Operating Standards and all GAPS – GSOP procedures associated to the Middle East NCG department.
- Ensure Compliance data on CALMS & messaging (NMIV) are done as per GA SOP
- Ensure systems are up to date in compliance with the checkpoint business rule.
- To formulate accurate and timely Load Plans for all air and road movements using the NMIV & SABLE systems in accordance with GAPS.
- Ensure commercial booking process and recovery is followed and CALMS updated in timely manner and with accurate information · Support Hub activities related to CS service alerts in the Network Track & Trace issues.
Nature and Scope
- Context The jobholder is responsible for ensuring all Network Standards & Procedures are adhered to regarding all regional / intercontinental DHL and regional / intercontinental commercial flights. To provide the best possible service to DHL customers (internal/external) by the most efficient utilization of resources available in a given period, to maximize the movement capacity available
- Reporting Relationships, The jobholder reports to the NCG Supervisor
- Contacts Internal: · DHL ME Gateway Operations Managers · ME HUB Managers · ME Operations Staff · DHL NCG Departments · DHL Management Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia & US · DHL Aviation · EM NOC External: · Third Party Airline Staff · Airport Authorities · Ground Handling Agents
- Problem Solving The job holder must be able to identify and contain potential problems and adaptively adjust accordingly.
- Decision Making Make Decisions: · Freight cut off’s, aircraft scheduling, payload limits, overload priority, transit time impact etc. Significant Say: · Contingency planning for aircraft / freight routings, products of freight offloaded for overload situations, holiday planning for aircraft & truck schedules.
- Planning and Organization Working in a time-pressured environment is typical; therefore, the jobholder must have key attributes in planning and organizing himself & his department to always meet the needs of the business and its customers both internal and external.
- Job Challenge To ensure the best business practices are harmonized throughout the group whilst retaining the flexibility needed which sets our company apart from the competition and ensures our position as market leader.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of aircraft characteristics and limitations
- Aviation GSOP Procedures and all Network Standard Requirements
- Exceptional DHL & Commercial Air Network Knowledge both regional and intercontinental.
- General PC expertise (windows environment, Outlook, Excel, Access)
- Fluent in English & Arabic; any other language is an asset, but not essential.
- At least 2 years operational knowledge gained in various DHL departments or Airline experience.
- Analysis: the ability to systematically think through a situation logically and accurately. Analyzing all relevant data when making decisions and providing recommendations.
- Accountability: acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with the intent of policies, procedures, and agreements.
- DHL Knowledge: demonstrating an adequate knowledge of DHL strategy, services, products, organization, procedures, and business processes.
- Information Seeking: drive to seek out and assemble relevant information and from a wide range of sources, ensuring that information gathered is relevant and adds value
- Attention to Detail: showing a general concern for all aspects and details of the job, accurately checking own work and monitoring data.
- Decision Making / Judgment: ability to choose between different alternatives with care and to use judgment in conditions of uncertainty.
- Negotiation: ability to effectively explore alternatives so as to reach common results that gain support and acceptance.
- Self-Belief: showing a sense of confidence in one’s own abilities to succeed and taking action in line with one’s own belief.