Website Service New Brunswick
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Managed Print and Distribution Branch as Postal Services Full-Time Casual Pick Up and Delivery Driver working in Fredericton.
As a member of the Managed Print and Distribution team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day shipping, receiving, sorting and delivery of letter mail and parcels to various GNB Departments in Fredericton. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Tracking mail/packages
- Maintaining vehicle logbooks, vehicle inspections, fuel reports and vehicle servicing
- Complying with Canada Post industry standards
- Working outside in extreme weather conditions
- Repetitive work conditions and heavy lifting will be required
- Maintaining a high degree of customer care standards
- Operating a delivery vehicle, monitoring delivery vehicles and security of mail within
- Monitoring and reporting on quality issues in postal operations
- Finding efficiencies within run schedules
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area including the vehicle
- Working with a team to manage and process surplus assets
- Receiving, processing, and storing bulk material
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of grade ten (10) is required for this position and three (3) years of experience in delivery pick up and operation of a light commercial vehicle.
Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French is required. Please state your language capability.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of various government departments and locations
- Related work experience
- Experience working in the service industry
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The following operational requirement(s) is also required:
- Candidates must possess a valid New Brunswick driver’s license and produce a driver’s abstract
- Candidates may be subject to a road test before appointment
- Some weekday evenings and weekend work hours may be required
- Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment
- This position requires frequent bending and lifting up to 65lbs
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Client service orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Effective interactive communication
- Concern for order
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to operate a commercial delivery vehicle (van) in all road and weather condidtions
- Planning and organizationsl skills
- Ability to use office technology, software and application
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $21.87/hour – Operations Worker 1 – General Labour and Trades
We strongly encourage you to submit your application via the online portal by using the ¿Apply Online¿ button, to increase the efficiency and maintain a consistent candidate experience. Please ensure your application is complete by September 21, 2023 and indicate competition number R85-2023/24-352.
In the unlikely event that you experience technical difficulties or are unable to complete your application online, contact [email protected].
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.