Website City of Phoenix
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 58032 To USD 88379 Per Year|
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering as applied to the installation of dry utilities in the City’s rights of way and Capital Improvement Project construction.
- Knowledge of City codes and policies pertaining to underground utility construction and the ability to communicate with Project Managers, City contractors, utility designers, and contractors.
- Possess strong communication and customer service skills.
- Possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to multitask and work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Ability to extract and manipulate data, and create spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes a traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans.
Medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 12.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days.
- For more details, visit: Unit 007 Benefits
- Pension Information
- Six years of experience in paraprofessional engineering work, including three years of paraprofessional civil engineering experience (or one year of experience at the level of Chief Engineering Technician, or Chief Drafting Technician).
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Experience or training in performing civil plan reviews.
- Experience with City Code and Administrative Policies.
- Supervisory or Team Lead experience, overseeing a team of more than two employees.
- Experience working with utility design plans.
- Experience working with and creating detailed reports using Excel.
- Experience performing electronic utility and civil plan reviews.