Website Group 42
The role involves assisting in the development of safety standards and procedures that align with the OSHAD regulations and other relevant national legislation and applicable standards. This includes actively participating in the formulation, review, and implementation of HSE procedures to ensure compliance and promote a safe work environment.
Presight, an ADX-listed public company limited by shares whose majority shareholder is Abu Dhabi company G42, is the region’s leading big data analytics company powered by Artificial Intelligence (“AI”). It combines big data, analytics, and AI expertise to serve every sector, of every scale, to create business and positive societal impact. With its world-class computer vision, AI and omni-analytics platform as its engine, Presight leverages all-source data to support insight-driven decision making that shapes policy and creates safer, healthier, happier, and more sustainable societies.
Health and Safety Management system
- Utilizing HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) standards as a framework to create procedures for safe work practices. These procedures may be applicable organization-wide, within specific departments/areas, or for addressing specific risk factors and issues in the workplace.
- Conducting regular inspections, audits, or assessments to identify any deviations or areas that require improvement.
- Performing assessments of safety hazards, unsafe conditions, risks, and practices within the workplace. Based on these assessments, recommendations can be made for a comprehensive safety plan that minimizes risks and promotes a safe working environment.
Training and educational programs
- Conducting a training needs analysis to identify areas where training and development related to health, safety, and environment (HSE) is required. This analysis helps determine the specific training needs of employees and the organization as a whole.
- Delivering training and educational programs that focus on HSE. This involves designing and facilitating training sessions, workshops, or courses to enhance awareness and knowledge of safety practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Actively participating in safety improvement projects aimed at enhancing overall safety performance. This may involve collaborating with cross-functional teams, conducting risk assessments, proposing safety enhancements, and implementing improvements to mitigate risks and hazards.
Investigating accidents, incidents and injuries
- Conducting thorough investigations of accidents, incidents, and near misses to identify root causes, analyze trends, and assess the adequacy of precautions and training measures. This helps in understanding the underlying factors and implementing preventive measures to mitigate future occurrences.
- Recommending revisions to existing training programs, development of new training programs, and process redesign or
- acquisition of new equipment. These recommendations aim to enhance safety measures, reduce accidents, incidents, and injuries, and improve overall safety performance.
- Performing any other tasks and duties as assigned that are relevant to the role and contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- Conducting random Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) audits to identify areas of improvement within the organization. These audits involve assessing compliance with HSE standards, policies, and procedures, and identifying any deviations or potential risks.
- Distributing audit reports to relevant stakeholders, highlighting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Completing follow-up activities to ensure that corrective actions are taken in response to identified deficiencies or areas requiring improvement. This may involve monitoring the progress of corrective measures, providing guidance or support as needed, and verifying the effectiveness of implemented solutions.
- Identifying areas for emergency response plan improvement
- Assisting in maintenance and revision of emergency response plans and procedures
- Investigating and through follow up, assisting all departments with corrective actions for emergencies/disasters
- Coordinating scheduling of drills for all indentified emergency situations
- Carrying out drills as planned and identifying corrective action
Contributing to team effort
- Attending relevant meetings
- Promoting effective communication strategies within the team and maintaining interdepartmental liaison where necessary.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in a role related to health and safety, preferably in an Corporate environment
- Knowledge of Fire and Safety systems and equipment
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to operations and activities
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology in the workplace
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Able to work irregular hours and on weekends
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.