Website Acuity Brands
We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come… for our customers, our communities, and our planet.
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces, light, and more things to come. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (ABL) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (ISG), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make a valuable difference in people’s lives.
We are positioned at the intersection of sustainability and technology. Our businesses develop technology that helps save our customers energy and reduce their carbon emissions. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management solutions, and location-aware applications.
Reporting to the National Sales Director – Canada, the representative will be responsible for providing technical support mainly to Landscape Architect offices as well as to city customers, lighting professionals, across a territory that we call the greater Montreal. The person will have as main functions:
- Represent the company to all clients in the greater Montreal area
- Respond to technical questions about our products.
- Ensure that our products are recommended on the plans and in the specifications.
- Analyze market and read quote request to establish client need.
- Participate in the preparation of prices and bids.
- Follow up on projects with our clients.
- Participate in conferences relating to our customers.
Skills and Minimum Experience Required
Knowledge and skills
- Sense of analysis and synthesis.
- Proficiency in reading exterior lighting engineering plans.
- Problem solving skills.
- Autonomy and proactivity.
- Demonstrate skills for teamwork.
- Learning ability.
- Sense of organization.
- Rigor and thoroughness.
- Be results oriented.
- Good communication, ease of interaction.
- Possess training in landscape architecture or have previously worked as a representative in a company that sees its products and services recommended by landscape architects on plans and quotes.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Fluency in spoken and written French.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.