Website Queensway Carleton Hospital
Full Job Description
General Posting Information
Approximately 75.0 Bi-weekly Hours
Days / Evenings / Nights / Weekends
7.5 hours & 11.25 hours per shift
(subject to change)
Scale Minimum Maximum
NONU $26.67/hr $31.98/hr
- Perform overall Protection Services and Parking related operational duties to maintain, safeguard and support the hospital’s Operations, Staff, Physicians, Patients, Visitors and Property.
- Provide first-line response to non-medical incidents (including violent incidents, disturbance calls, fire alarms, crimes in progress and hazardous materials calls.
- Perform pro-active security patrol duties of the hospital and grounds.
- Maintain all access control systems while ensuring to provide access to departmental areas as required.
- Maintain and monitor all parking equipment, (hardware and software) including pay machines, fee computer, entry and exit gate. Also ensuring all credit card transactions are maintained on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Human Resources to fulfill all requests such as badge changes, new employee badges, and/or report requests.
- Provide quick customer service to all employees, patients, and visitors related to any issues with parking and/or photo identification.
- Provide appropriate restraint procedures and CPI-NVCI techniques in Code White and other violence-prone situations.
- Ensure, during an arrest, that the alleged perpetrator is aware of the crime and the nature of the allegation being made against him/her, and advise them of their rights under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Warn employees, visitors, patients and others during crisis/emergency situations of the risks and the action they must take to avoid danger or injury, including guiding them to safety.
- Maintain data logs, reports/forms and ensuring the security and confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Monitor electronic security systems to ensure they are functional at all times.
- Assist in parking related matters and enforce parking and traffic violations and issue City of Ottawa tickets to violators as required.
- Support the hospital emergency management leads during any hospital related Emergency Colour Code.
- Two year Community College diploma in Law & Security Administration combined with three years experience in the security/police/corrections/military discipline, preferably at least one year expereince in a health-care setting.
- Must have a valid Security Guard License issued by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- CPR and basic First Aid certificates
- Non-violent crisis intervention course certificate
- Other training an assest: GPA, Use of Force, IMS 100, Mental Health and Addictions etc.
** IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU PROVIDE A THOUROGHLY COMPLETED APPLICATION, INCLUDING AN UPDATED RESUME WHICH REFLECTS THAT YOU MEET THE QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED ON THE JOB POSTING. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN BEING SCREENED OUT OF THE COMPETITION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND ASSISTANCE. A GUIDE TO RESUME WRITING IS AVAILABLE ON THE EMPLOYEE PORTAL COMMUNICATION CENTRE UNDER RECRUITMENT AS A RESOURCE, WITH COPIES AVAILABLE IN HUMAN RESOURCES. **