- Jobs in Canada
- 393 University Ave Suite 1300, Toronto, ON
- Dental care
- Vision care
Req Id: 412701
Our team is advancing how Canadians connect with each other and the world, and developing breakthrough technology plays a vital role in making our purpose a reality. Contribute your experiences, talents and perspectives as we develop innovative digital solutions and best-in-class networks together. We know you’ll feel a sense of meaningful connection and belonging within our team. Then, with our commitment to environmental, social and governance initiatives, you can feel good about your greater impact – helping people as they connect, work, learn and play.
Be at the forefront of shaping the best digital connections and next-generation technology in Canada. You’ll join the largest, award-winning, high-tech team in our country, working with the brightest minds across many industries.
Bring your ideas and skills as we grow cutting-edge fibre and 5G networks, develop advanced products and services to run on these networks and then enable the delivery of content from our top media properties and services – ensuring that our customers can stay entertained and connected anytime, anywhere.
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We also always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
The Bell Media team is focused on creating amazing and rich experiences for our audiences and keeping Canadians connected, informed, and entertained as technology changes at lightning speed. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to guide some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country through a digital transformation.
As leader of the Media Technology team in Network and Technology Services, you will play a key role in building and influencing how we deliver on Bell Media’s overall transformation that will connect audiences across all our brands and delight users with new and engaging experiences every day.
- Supporting a team of over 20+ software developers and support engineers who build and support key components that power our broadcast services
- Leading the software development teams through all the phases of the development lifecycle
- Leading support teams through various software and hardware enhancements to drive efficiency and reuse
- Supporting the services in production and leading the team through incident bridges when/if outages occur.
- Leading the teams through an Agile transformation that will include moving workloads to public cloud such as AWS or Azure
- Partnering and collaborating across multiple Bell Media and Network Technology Services teams to ensure best end-to-end experience for our customers
- Identifying patterns of challenges that require process or technology changes and suggesting improvements to address them
- Managing the budget and expenditures of the team
- Managing the vendors within the ecosystem that your support
- Coaching, guiding and supporting the engineering team
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in computer science, broadcast engineering, IT or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years hands-on software development experience or as a broadcast engineer or network engineer.
- At least 3 years experience as an engineering manager supporting a team of 10+ software or engineers, broadcast engineers or other technical specialists in a media space
- Experience in leading Agile software development teams using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and test automation
- Experience developing scalable applications on modern frameworks
- Excellent understanding of the process of deploying workloads on public clouds as well as the SaaS services available – focus on AWS, Microsoft Azure or GCP
- Excellent communicator – ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Great coach – experience in leading and coaching people and teams to improve performance and creating enthusiasm for the work we do
- Critical thinker – demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems effectively,
- Avid learner – continuous learner of all things technical and process
- Change leader – highly effective in the ability to mobilize teams and execute on critical initiatives needed to transform our business
- Bridge builder – collaborates and partners with key stakeholders to deliver solutions that maximize business value
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Application Deadline: 11/24/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
We know that taking care of our team members is at the heart of a healthy, positive and thriving workplace. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits to support your well-being and the well-being of your family too. As soon as you join us, you’ll be eligible for medical, dental, vision and mental health benefits that you can tailor to your specific needs. Plus, as a Bell team member, you’ll enjoy a 35% discount on our services and have access to exclusive offers from our partners.
We value the experiences that have shaped who you are, and we know the diversity of your talent will bring even greater strength to our team. At Bell, because everyone belongs, you’ll feel valued, respected and supported as you grow and reach your full potential.
We also want to make sure that everyone has an equal opportunity to join our team. We strongly encourage and welcome individuals who may require accommodations during the hiring process to please let us know. For a confidential inquiry, email your recruiter or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell, please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected].
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.