- Jobs in Canada
- Mississauga, ON
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Environmental Services Group (ESG) provides our clients with expertise in climate change, environmental assessment & management, noise & vibration, social impact management, sustainable development design, and water resources. With your help, we can build extraordinary things that co-exist, and benefit local communities and habitats.
Senior Specialist, Community Engagement and Social Performance
A successful project needs to do more than deliver on its intended purpose. It needs to address the priorities of its residents and provide real, tangible benefits for the surrounding community. It must wholeheartedly embrace the mantra of leaving the world a better place; and ensuring a brighter future for the lives it affects.
Inclusion and collaboration with local communities is the key to successful project delivery. In a practice that is growing, you will be part of Hatch’s global Community Engagement and Social Performance (CESP) Practice that collaborates with clients, communities, stakeholders, and Hatch’s engineering teams to create mutually beneficial and sustainable metals, energy, and infrastructure projects. The opportunity is unique: Hatch’s wealth of technical engineering experience combined with community insights creates an inclusive vision for clients’ projects – and we are helping to make this a reality.
Hatch is currently seeking to recruit a Senior Specialist, CESP to be an integral part of a growing global practice. You will be responsible to provide advice, guidance and generate deliverables for clients with respect to their community engagement and social performance needs. In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise throughout the project life cycle
- Undertake project management tasks on
- Engage directly with clients on their social performance challenges, providing creative solutions
- Deliver stakeholder engagement and community engagement planning and management services, ensuring that a full complement are embedded (e.g., impact assessment and management, agreement making, community engagement and consultation, human rights assessment, local employment and procurement, place-based planning, and social investments)
- Record, research, identify and anticipate social risks to project development, formulating and recommending solutions to meet these challenges
- Assist infrastructure, mining, and energy companies as they deliver upon their socioeconomic commitments and develop plans to meet industry best practice
- Develop proposals and bids and support the implementation of pursuits
- Share your experiences with colleagues and clients at speaking events, networking events, conferences, webinars and through online blog posts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in anthropology, social sciences, communications, law, public policy, sustainability, environmental science, planning or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years’ experience across the project life cycle on major projects ideally in complex cultural and socio-political environments
- Expertise in technical planning, program design and execution
- Hatch seeks to build complementary skills across the team, demonstrating comprehensive practical and advisory experience. Applicants will need to demonstrate their practical experience in the following areas:
- Socioeconomic assessments and reporting
- Community development and social investment
- Indigenous relations, community and stakeholder mapping and engagement and conflict resolution
- Participative engagement, co-creation and co-design experience
- Monitoring and evaluating social value metrics and reporting
- Program and project management
- Place-based, regional, and economic development
- Robust understanding of emerging Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations and deep practical experience applying international performance standards including the IFC Performance Standards and other development finance and project financier, and client requirements preferred, but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A willingness to proactively meet client needs
- Creative and approachable with a willingness to recommend innovative solutions
- Willingness for both domestic and international travel, as required
- Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables
Preferred: “Go-getter” attitude, optimistic and resilient, ability to be flexible, learn and perform challenging tasks outside area of skills and experience
Core Competencies: Consultative, entrepreneurial, relationship builder, networker, collaborator
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don’t meet every single requirement? You don’t need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you’re interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don’t perfectly align with the skills we’ve listed.
We’re committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We’ll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com