Website Edmonton Public Schools
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 21 Per Hour|
Supply Special Needs Educational Assistants to support children and youth in educational settings who have a wide range of abilities and exceptionalities including autism, significant emotional and behavioral challenges, mental health issues, learning difficulties, and physical health concerns.
- supporting the instructional, behavioral and social needs of students in an increasingly complex environment
- assisting with planning, implementing, and reviewing individualized program plans
- adapting or modifying classroom materials to meet the specialized needs of students
- assisting students to acquire skills in the areas of communication and language development
- facilitating and encouraging positive interactions between students, staff, and the community
- monitoring student conduct and intervening when students engage in challenging behaviors
- supervising students during break periods, bus arrival and departure, and in community settings
- Special Needs Educational Assistant Certificate or Child and Youth Care Diploma.
- two years of related experience preferably in an educational environment.
- ability to work in complex environments requiring constant supervision of high-risk students.
- proven ability to implement effective de-escalation strategies.
- flexibility to undertake a variety of assignments.
- excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both oral and written).
- proven success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with teachers, parents, and special needs students.
- ability to perform physical activities including lifting, transferring, and providing personal care as necessary.
Nature of Work
- Casual: Hourly, on-call work up to 7 hours per day, Monday to Friday.
- Temporary: Long-term part-time and full-time assignments in excess of 25 cumulative work days in the same assignment and location.
- Permanent Positions: Eligibility to apply for permanent, advertised positions.
To apply for this job please visit www.certfee.com.