- Jobs in Canada
- Toronto, ON
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:’ https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story’
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Utility Engineer, we’ll count on you to:
- Coordinate with designers, engineers, and field staff. You will be working on utility relocation/coordination projects for a variety of companies, and provincial and local governmental agencies.
- Requires experience and/or a strong desire for work in utility relocation and coordination.
- Have knowledge and experience with the interpretation of rules and regulations as they pertain to the utility industry.
- Must be able to read, interpret and understand light rail, roadway, and structural design and construction plans as well as utility installation and adjustment plans.
- Must be able to identify and resolve utility conflicts in the most feasible and time-sensitive manner and think outside the box for potential solutions to challenging issues.
- Must have strong communication skills to track and work with utility companies to resolve utility conflicts.
- This role requires continual coordination between managers, clients and utility owners to ensure project schedules and relocation budgets are met and are in compliance with federal, Provincial and local laws, in addition to any other regulations required by the client.
Other Duties will include:
- Identify strategies to obtain and maintain accurate background information.
- Review SUE Reports for completeness, quality, and conformance to project requirements
- Coordinate and lead meetings with utility companies.
- Review of composite utility maps for linear corridors and static locations
- Review project plans for conflicts and prepare reports/recommendations/design deliverables for utility relocations.
- Coordinating with designers and engineers to resolve design conflicts.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Engineering, Construction Management, Urban Planning or related field
- 5+ Years of utility design/coordination experience.
- 5+ years of experience in civil engineering/construction industry.
- P.Eng Designation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Ability to work with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and or MicroStation.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.