Website AWJ Investments
Waiters or Waitresses are responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests. They play an important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
Key Result Areas:
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Write attentively food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Serve food or beverages and/or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to the customer and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Clean tables or counters after guest have finished dining
- Set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Audit all plate & order before serving.
- Describe and recommend famous restaurant specialty to the customer.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions
Specifications (Qualifications, Experience, and Skills):
- Minimum high school academic
- Experience minimum 1-year similar position.
- Good talent, good appearance, good presentation.
- Smile, Describe and explain the menu, Talk about specials, Upselling.
- High interpersonal skills, and communication skills.
- Hard worker, teamwork player.
- Highly Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others as well.
- Leadership and multitasking.
- Time management.