Website Atco Ltd.
Always there. Anywhere. That’s us! We are committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care about our communities, we care about each other, and we care about showing up for those who need us. We never break a promise, and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it’s hard. We take pride in holding ourselves to the highest standard of integrity and excellence in all that we do.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Construction, the Labourer will perform duties that vary but may involve activities such as cleaning, the use of simple tools or general administration work. The Labourer will assist the construction team, streetlight maintenance, and other groups as required. Instructions are received verbally from a supervisor, Team Leads and jobs are checked in progress and upon completion to ensure that all duties are completed within company specifications and best practices.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity, and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you.
What You Get to Do:
- Operates light delivery vehicles transporting materials and supplies.
- Loads and unloads material from trucks.
- Cleaning, washing, testing, or preparing materials for field use.
- Tool inspection, preparation, and maintenance.
- Clean-up site and equipment.
- Performs general janitorial work in Company occupied facilities.
- Filing, basic data entry and general administrative work.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma is required.
- 0-1 years of related experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license preferred.
- Valid First Aid and WHMIS certificates are an asset.
- Interpersonal skills, and team focus coupled with the ability to follow instruction and procedures.