Lead Advanced Field Service Technician
The position requires specialized knowledge of Honeywell’s Fire, Security, and Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (“HVAC”) and control systems.
Location can be Fort McMurray, Edmonton or Calgary – Fly-in-Fly-out from Edmonton or Calgary
Shift/hours of work: Shifts consistent but not exclusive of 12 hours/day on 7×7/14×14/21×7 shifts
Provide technical assistance to our western Canada customers with respect to the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Honeywell’s various systems, controllers, and software, including Honeywell XLS1000 fire alarm systems, XLS3000 life safety equipment, EBI software and servers, and HVAC automation systems. You will make improvements to training guides and documentation. You will lead continuous improvement initiatives in the field to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment. You will train the customer on proper usage, troubleshooting, and basic repair procedures for complex equipment. You will represent Honeywell at Client, industry conferences and provide technical presentations.
– Testing, calibrating and verifying Honeywell systems and peripheral devices, with the testing to be performed according to all applicable standards and codes (e.g. ULC536).
– Verifying the system functional performance to ensure proper operations according to contract requirements and shop drawings/sequence of operations, etc.
– Performing system backups and installing appropriate updates and patches.
– Completing documentation of all work done, including all readings, offsets, etc.
– Updating customer drawings/documentation with any configuration or model changes.
– Ensuring all assigned Preventive Maintenance tasks are completed in the time allotted and the month scheduled.
– Responding to, and resolving Emergency Service Calls as required, in accordance with customer contract deliverables.
– Diagnosing and performing repairs in a time effective manner.
– Participating in delivery of Small Service or Install jobs, including but limited to, engineering, drawings, programming, documentation, installation, management of subcontractors, start-up, testing and customer acceptance.
– Keeping abreast of changes and new developments in product and preventive maintenance techniques and predictive maintenance.
– Acting as a mentor to junior technicians.
– Promoting, building, and maintaining good customer relations.
– Keeping supervisors informed of customer requirements, systems status, and actual, potential or perceived customer problems.
– Supplying information on adds or extras to appropriate Honeywell resource, e. g. Site Primary tech, SSJ Sales rep, FSL, etc.
– Demonstrating the system and providing training to customers as required.
– Participating in the preparation of job plans that cover job costs, as jobs need to be completed as sold within the budgeted cost and timelines.
– Supplying quotes to customers on adds and extras identified or as requested.
– Carrying out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks according to Honeywell policy and regulatory requirements.
– Reporting near misses, incidents, and other opportunities for improvement.
– Bearing the responsibility for Honeywell assets such as tools, proprietary software, and site database; and attending and completing training programs as required.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Engineering, Technologist Diploma, or equivalent.
- Field Experience in the aforementioned areas of 6+ years in an advanced role.
- Valid driver’s license
- Both proprietary knowledge and advance expertise of Honeywell’s products and services, specifically of Fire, Security and HVAC control systems, such as noted below:
- Honeywell XLS1000 and XLS140/3000 Fire Detection Systems, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Design, implementation, operation and maintenance of Process Controls, Engineering systems through SCADA, DCS, PLC.
- Honeywell Enterprise Building Integrator EBI Software and/or PKS Experion Honeywell.
- Honeywell Excel 5000 Controllers solutions for HVAC, and CARE Lon Engineering Software among others.
- Honeywell ComfortPoint® Open (CPO) Plant Controller Platform.
- Customer service experience in a Technical Sales Role, Estimation, and customer support.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Good presentation skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.certfee.com.