WebstaurantStore is the nation’s leading online distributor for restaurant equipment, supplies, and knowledge. We pride ourselves in our growing inventory of 400,000+ products in over 6 million sq ft of warehouse space across the country. We are innovators, fast learners, and experts in our fields, who also want work to be fun.
Due to our rapid growth, we have been adding new locations across the United States and are seeking candidates to join our growing team. We place a strong focus on safety, on professional development and growth and look for leadership potential in each hire.
Do you have what it takes? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for excellence, and the desire to do the right thing? If you are up for the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment, can embrace change, be a team player, and have the desire to make a difference, then this is the career for you!
The Order Packer accurately and efficiently packages products to fulfill orders. This role operates a variety of warehouse equipment in a safe and efficient manner to meet daily objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all orders are packed properly in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Downsize packaging to minimize shipping costs without sacrificing product quality and ensure that the product will be delivered without damage
- Bill and ship completed orders by utilizing warehouse systems
- Palletize and load finished shipments onto trailers with provided equipment
- Safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment to carry out job duties; adhere to all safety training and Company policies
- Meet or exceed the department standards for productivity and accuracy
- Maintain a clean work area, including the removal of empty boxes from bins or aisles as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in a distribution environment; receiving and/or inventory experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt as business needs change; ability to address difficult situations with diplomacy and emotional intelligence
- Customer service-oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Work is performed while standing and/or walking, up to and including 10 hours/day
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
- Requires the regular use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires regular bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to regularly lift / carry 50-75lbs. and push / pull up to 150lbs.
1st shift operates Monday – Thursday from 6:30a – 5p.