Prep Cook With Visa Sponsorship
Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim… for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
Job DescriptionA Prep Cook prepares a variety of cold food items and all prepared ingredients that will be distributed to the kitchens to be cooked for restaurants. Functionally reports to the Sous Chef Manager.
- Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits, meats, cheeses and other ingredients for salads, cold plates, side dishes, entrees, appetizers and garnishes
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures and Department of Health regulations
- Cleans all utensils, preparation equipment and counters required for production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ year of kitchen experience
- Basic math skills
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and exert well-paced mobility
- Ability to spend up to 8 hours standing or walking in a kitchen and restaurant environment
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace that is free from harassment and discrimination under the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of a prohibited ground enumerated by the Ontario Human Rights Code (e.g. race, colour, creed (religion), place of origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, family status, or disability). Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these prohibited grounds.
Eataly welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Further, it is Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable provincial and federal laws regarding background and criminal record checks in making hiring decisions.
To apply for this job please visit www.certfee.com.