- Jobs in Canada
Website PCL Construction
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking ahead at what’s next for you. We’re ready to help you build a career you’ll love — one where you get to use your best talents as you discover new ones along the way. If you can picture yourself working with a team that enjoys tackling challenges while encouraging each other to succeed, then you belong at PCL.
If you see yourself growing with PCL as a Project Manager, apply to this posting and we’ll consider you for future opportunities.
Once you apply, our recruitment team will review your application and contact you if your experience is a good fit for the position. In the meantime, sign up for our talent community so you can be the first to know about PCL opportunities.
Here’s how a(n) Project Manager contributes to our team:
- Provides overall contract administration, technical expertise, and support for a large or complex construction project.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the project safety plan and creates and influences the safety culture on site through leading by example.
- Oversees total construction to ensure the project is constructed as per design, budget, resources, quality, and schedule.
- Understands client drivers and offers value engineering proposals for functionality, cost, and schedule benefit.
- Accountable for project performance and reviews performance status reports for safety, cost forecast, and schedule.
- Negotiates and issues subcontracts, major purchase orders and progress payments and monitors their progress and schedule.
- Understands, communicates, and proactively manages the contract and contract documents.
- Develops and coordinates overall project commissioning and closeout.
- Identifies and manages risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Supervises, directs, coaches, trains, and mentors project team including direct and indirect reports.
If applicable, for design build project deliveries:
- Monitors progress of the design, including compliance issues, quality, general coordination, constructability, and timing of deliverables.
- Obtains a comprehensive design-management and design-quality plan and conduct periodic quality audits to ensure compliance.
- Keeps all parties informed of potential opportunities and challenges, and managing stakeholders’ expectations through appropriate forms of communication.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- 10-15 years of progressive construction experience, with leadership and mentoring skills preferred.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a strong safety culture by application of health, safety, and environment principles and legislation.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry including diverse project types, building materials, construction specifications, methods and procedures, construction law and building codes, and safety and quality management practices.
- Superior planning, organizational, and time management skills including the ability to manage project budgets, risks, resources and schedules.
- Ability to monitor and forecast project resources and staffing for the project.
- Ability to identify and manage risk and opportunities on construction projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Experience in leading a team, construction project facets and trade performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, project management and scheduling software, with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at caree[email protected] with the position and location you are interested in.
Safety is a core value that guides everything we do. As such, all PCL salary and student employees based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees may request an exemption due to medical condition(s) and other applicable human rights grounds. Learn more about PCL’s COVID-19 response to keeping our workplaces safe.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta (Buildings), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Montréal, Quebec, Ottawa, Ontario, Regina, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Vancouver, British Columbia, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Job: Project Manager
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.