Website Victoria’s Secret
Brand: Victoria’s Secret
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Location Type: Onsite
Job Area: Distribution Center Operations
Employment type: Full-time
Job ID: 18735390
The current base salary for this position is $18.50/hr (this rate includes a Fall Peak Premium which remains in effect until 12/23/2023). In addition, other benefits include:
- Paid holidays beginning on day one
- Up to 40% discount on all of our brands
- Safe, temperature-controlled work environment
- $200 Referral Bonus
A Merchandise Handler is responsible for handling full cases of product, including consistent lifting of cartons and merchandise onto and off conveyor lines, pallets, and other storage containers. Load and unload cartons based on predetermined processes.
- At least 50% of working hours are spent lifting cartons and merchandise.
- Merchandise Handlers may also receive merchandise into the Distribution Center, maintain case quantities for picking operations, and palletize outbound products.
- Inspect merchandise items to ensure proper quality and brand specification.
- Comprehend and follow written, verbal and computer-delivered directions.
- Utilize math skills to verify quantities, make adjustments, fill out worksheets, and complete order paperwork correctly.
- Operate Warehouse Management System (WMS), radio frequency scanners, and other equipment needed to perform job duties.
- Solid attention to detail, ability to follow directions and apply problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify products and match numbers.
- Ability to operate motorized and non-motorized equipment to move merchandise.
- Verify documentation and information to facilitate flow of merchandise through the distribution center
Must possess the ability to:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience in a distribution center environment is helpful.
- Must maintain flexibility regarding job assignments, including other departments, brands, locations, and mandatory overtime.
- Meet productivity standards after successfully completing training.
- Must be a team player and able to work well with others.
- Comply with all safety, hazardous material, and OSHA training, rules, and reporting; ensuring a safe work environment.
- Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time, up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. or more up to 50% of the working hours; lifting may be above or below shoulder level.
- Ability to push, pull, bend, twist, squat, climb, kneel, and stoop on a repetitive basis.
- Ability to utilize hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to include grasping and holding.
- Typically reports to DC Supervisor, no direct reports.
- Ability to function at high levels as required.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Minimum Salary : $18.50/HR
Maximum Salary : Competitive
VS&Co provides an estimated range of compensation for this role as shown. Your actual compensation will be determined by a number of relevant factors, including but not limited to your specific skills, experience, & geographic location.