- Jobs in Canada
- Toronto, ON
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:’ https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story’
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Construction Inspector, Transit we’ll count on you to:
- Provide inspection and construction supervision on Class 1 railway, transit infrastructure, bridges, and of heavy civil construction;
- Maintain accurate daily diary entries and completion of contract documentation records;
- Maintain daily photographic records, and videos as necessary to document contract activities;
- Complete site surveys of completed works for tracking item and material quantities for payment;
- Complete daily inspections in accordance to client requirements and expectations;
- Monitoring construction work to verify compliance with the contract documents and specifications;
- Monitoring the contractor’s compliance to health and safety, and environmental regulations and legislation;
- Supervise and implement quality assurance acceptance and inspection of construction works;
- Report to the Contract Administrator onsite activities, concerns, and non-conformances, and provide recommendations for resolution;
- Provide mentorship to junior staff;
- Liaise with client representatives, as required;
- Act as client site representative;
- Requires working nights, weekends, and extended shifts;
- Work may be seasonal in nature, as work permits;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering or Construction, and or related discipline with relevant experience.
- Registered with PEO or Certified with OACETT, and or ability to be attain registration.
- 5 years of experience providing field inspection services on transit or heavy civil construction projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Laws and Regulations (Environmental, Health and Safety, Construction Act, etc.) and their application in construction contracts;
- Experience with Word and Excel;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems;
- Ability to walk the project sites and access site structures via ladders or lifts;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.