- Jobs in Canada
- Richmond Hill, ON
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:’ https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story’
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR currently has an opening for a junior to intermediate level Solid Waste Engineer – Civil with experience in facilities engineering. This should include direct experience related to all types of solid waste management facilities, including transfer station, public drop off, composting, material and energy recovery, and landfill facilities. Your involvement with conceptual and detailed design development, permitting and approvals, operations and maintenance plans, closure and costing will be important. Previous experience with project feasibility reports, procurement and construction document preparation, performance-based and prescriptive technical specifications, contractor selection and construction management would be an added asset.
Based in Canada, the Solid Waste Engineer – Civil will work under the direction of senior professional engineers and designers by supporting complex assignments including the development of conceptual layouts, permit level drawings, bid and construction level drawings, grading plans, utility layouts (storm, water, sanitary), construction documents and technical knowledge of municipal civil engineering standards. Work may also entail data compilation, generation of spreadsheets, technical calculations, reports, research, and environmental compliance.
The candidate should have a strong academic background and must be adaptable to conditions including a fast-paced and deadline driven work environment. Experience working within a team environment will be essential to your success. Technical skills and experience should be combined with familiarity with Ontario and Canadian codes and environmental regulations applicable to waste management.
In the role of Solid Waste Engineer – Civil, we will count on you to assist Project Managers/Project Engineers with:
- Preparation of permit, bid, and construction level drawings, and supporting specifications.
- Developing conceptual plans, site layouts, grading plans and sections, underground utility plans, and stormwater drainage plans.
- Performing routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques and procedures.
- Performing administrative duties associated with project management for civil/site projects.
- Performing other general support duties as needed.
- P.Eng. in Ontario and/or another Canadian jurisdiction
- 5+ years’ experience in civil engineering focused on industrial facility design, including solid waste facilities.
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software packages
- Proficient knowledge of contract and construction documents.
- A good understanding of grading, site layout, site servicing, on-site traffic patterns.
- Proven team player who takes initiative and is confident in their technical skills.
- Strong problem solving and learning ability.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Toronto area is preferred, but flexible.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.