- Jobs in Canada
- 4980 Tahoe Blvd., Mississauga, ON
Requisition ID: 177054
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Estimating & Analytics
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario; Alberta; British Columbia; Nova Scotia
City: Multiple Options
Location: Tahoe Office, Calgary Office, Dartmouth Office, Foord St. Office, King St. Office, Vancouver Office, Victoria Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Our Real Estate division is searching for a Refrigeration Specialist. The specialist will develop new innovative refrigeration solutions and end-of-life strategies to meet our 2040 zero emissions target. Additionally, the specialist develops and manages company project specifications, guidelines, and construction documents for all refrigeration systems, displays and components by incorporating best practices and standards. In this key role you will be responsible for testing equipment to meet Sobeys specific qualifications to support our success through AI and data collection. Come join our dedicated Energy Management Team and help us achieve zero emissions by 2040!
This hybrid position can work from any of our Sobeys Office across Canada.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Create step by step multi-year strategy to test and implement new systems and technology to meet our 2040 goal of zero emissions.
- Drive Design Initiative / Change Initiative process for Refrigeration. Create and manage Design Initiative/Change Initiative process as well as create DI/CI budgets.
- Provide recommendations and guidance as a subject matter expert while analyzing M&R cost for refrigeration opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Analyze refrigeration diagnostic data for improve opportunities. Analyze competitor systems and recommend improvements.
- Directs refrigeration and controls systems design development and ongoing design maintenance for building systems by implementing appropriate systems into new building design.
- Facilitate global procurement reviews for refrigeration systems, display cases and components. Partner with global and international SME to stay engaged with OEM equipment improvements.
- Manages department initiatives to capitalize on purchasing opportunities by identifying common technologies and applications for refrigeration systems and displays.
- Drive solutions, strategies and compliance with MOE regulations for refrigerants and refrigerant transition and banking programs. Create strategies to increase energy efficiencies in refrigeration systems and displays.
What you have to offer:
- 5+ years related experience
- Preferably, experience in Architecture, Construction Administration, Construction Management, and/or Engineering
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Must be an analytical and innovative thinker with careful consideration for details
- Proficient with Visio, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Revit, AutoCAD
- Ability to travel and work on weekends and off-hours (as required)
- A strong passion for refrigeration and the customer experience
- Entrepreneurial- demonstrate risk taking, innovation, independence, self-confidence and the ability to push self out of comfort zone
- Relationship Builder- develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to improve solutions
- Strong business acumen and a process thinker capable of understanding the big picture
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, honesty, humour and integrity
Bilingual (Eng/Fr) candidates preferred.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.