- Jobs in Canada
- Brampton, ON
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
Known as “The Abnormal Beauty Company”, DECIEM is the parent company of The Ordinary, NIOD, and other beauty brands & is an industry disruptor with a science first approach to innovation. DECIEM was Co-Founded in 2013 by the late Brandon Truaxe, a visionary who set out to change the beauty industry through authenticity and transparency. He developed DECIEM to be a happy family (of people and beauty brands), rooted in kindness, creativity, diversity, and respect, alongside Co-Founder and CEO, Nicola Kilner.
We are growing rapidly and we’re looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to grow with us!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Warehouse associate to help with the inbound and outbound shipment of our components at Deciem’s Kenview Warehouse in Brampton.
The morning shift is between 7:30 AM and 3:30 PM.
WHAT YOU’D BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
- Responsible for maintaining the organization of the warehouse – organizing shelving materials, wrapping skids, and preparing them to be lifted onto the racks
- Conduct order picking, shipping & receiving, and organizing inventory in the warehouse.
- Gathering materials from a Pick List and picks retail orders from the picking locations and packs according to shipping standards
- Receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, unloading trucks/ trailers, verifying packing slip versus receipt
- Responsible for organizing and retrieving stock, including picking and filling orders, packing and shipping, organizing and retrieving stock, load trucks/ trailers, verifies shipment documentation vs. actual shipment
- Verifying expiry dates, or asking supervisor to check lot codes and COAs
- Providing materials for testing
- Labeling/Releasing stock and orders
- Ensure standards for quality and health and safety are met
- Assist in maintaining warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization and ensure tidiness standards are always respected and maintained
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- Proficiency in English language. Candidate needs to possess strong oral and written communication skills (required)
- Warehouse Machinery Licenses (preferred)
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and communication skills
- This is a physically demanding position and requires the ability to lift 25kg
WHAT YOU’LL BE GAINING BY JOINING OUR TEAM
There’s a lot of good stuff that comes along with being a DECIEM team member. Here’s a few of our favourite perks and benefits, in no particular order…
- Generous Vacation & Personal Days, plus additional time off for volunteering in your community, voting, peaceful protesting, celebrating your birthday, and more.
- 6 months of paid time off for new parents (inclusive of all genders).
- Monthly catered lunches and chances to connect with your teammates.
- Unlimited access to an Employee Assistance Program that includes mental health care, mindfulness programs, and more.
- Access to Development Grants & a LinkedIn Learning membership to help you keep growing and learning.
- First dibs on new products.
- A generous discount on DECIEM products for you, your family, and your friends.
BUILDING GROWTH TO POWER GOOD
We are a People First company that lives by our core values to…
- Do the right thing
- Create impact
- Respect small things
- ❤️ Care too much
- Be the future
These values continue to guide us in all that we do. Along the way, we’ve been honoured to win some pretty incredible awards, including a CEW Achiever Award, Best Skincare Brand at Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, and Most Popular Sustainable Brand by The Cosmetify Index Global. We’re still blushing!
SUSTAINABILITY AND SOCIAL IMPACT
DECIEM’s objective is to build growth and do good things while prioritizing people, animals, and the Earth.
Our Sustainability strategy is focused on fighting climate change, improved waste management, responsible packaging, responsible sourcing and product lifecycle, and water conservation.
In 2020, DECIEM established the Good Fund to support both large and grassroots charities in response to global events.
CREATING A HUMAN WORLD OF BEAUTY
DECIEM is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) by creating meaningful, measurable change in the lives of our team members and in the communities where we operate. Achieving equality is critical to DECIEM and our future. You can learn more about our DEI commitment in our open letter, “Belonging is the Destination, Change is the Journey”.
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation, please let us know.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Thank you for reading the whole thing! If you liked what you heard, kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying for this position. However, only those who have been shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
DECIEM is a Science-First Brand
DECIEM is a science-first brand. That is why each product concept begins in our lab and not in a marketing department.Our success is greatly attributed to the innovative minds that make up DECIEM; a team built by our founder, Brandon Truaxe, who spent most days in the lab working alongside our Chief Scientific Officer, Prudvi Kaka. Our Lab team has been recognized globally, including the Best Pore Refining Treatment awarded to 100% Niacinamide Powder from Cosmopolitan UK (2020) and The Best Clarifying Mask awarded to Salicylic Acid 2% Masque from BEAUTYCrew (2020).
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.