Website Kent Nutrition Group
Looking to join a four-time US Best Managed Company award winner? Blue Seal/Kent Nutrition Group, a member of the KENT® Corporation family of companies has an exciting opportunity to join their team in the Warehouse at our Arcade, NY plant!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report any factors that may influence the quality and safety of the finished feed and ingredients to the immediate supervisor.
- Loading of trailers (Floor Loaded, Mini Pallet Loads, and 4×4 loads) in a neat and orderly fashion ensuring counts are correct and bags are not ripped in the loading process.
- Place plastic and cardboard and other assigned “Sealing” items in rear of trailers when appropriate.
- Utilizing the inventory management system (matrix) to “pick” orders for current trailers or to stage loads for incoming trailers. FIFO is always to be used when picking orders.
- Receiving and unloading incoming items when assigned. This can include but is not limited to, incoming feed ingredients, packaging supplies, finished products from outside manufacturing plants, maintenance supplies, office supplies and any other assigned receiving functions.
- All cleaning assignments as given on a daily basis to maintain the warehouse in a neat and orderly fashion, including the policing of broken articles and the proper disposal of the same.
- Re-bagging operations when assigned.
- Be able to lift 55 lbs to a height of 48 inches continuously for the assigned work period, lifting required such as building pallet stocks.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills.
- Work and cooperate with all fellow employees.
- Starting at $18.00 an hour
Kent Nutrition Group (KNG) is the home of the Kent and Blue Seal quality animal nutrition brands. Kent is the brand serving the Midwest, and Blue Seal is the brand of the Eastern U.S., from Maine to Florida. The origin of KNG is grounded in the innovation of Gage Allison Kent of Indianola, Iowa, who in 1927 revolutionized the livestock feeding industry of the time by using only quality ingredients to develop Kent 34% Baby Beef, which was christened “The Feed Without a Filler” and set the tone for the Kent quality nutrition the brand continues today. Meanwhile, in Lawrence, Massachusetts, the H.K. Webster family had been executing on a similar business model of quality animal nutrition since 1868, under the H.K. Webster Company name and its line of Blue Seal quality animal feeds.
Both companies flourished, with Kent moving to Muscatine, Iowa in 1936 to take advantage of economical Mississippi River transportation of ingredients and products. Kent and Blue Seal grew their product offerings and expanded their market area as well as market share into the 1980s. In 1988, the holding company of Kent purchased Blue Seal. Both companies functioned successfully as independent entities until 2010, when Kent Nutrition Group, Inc. was formed. KNG combined the prosperous Kent Feeds and Blue Seal Feeds into a single business, focused on serving commercial livestock producers, equine enthusiasts, country lifestyle aficionados, as well as small animal and pet owners.
To better execute on its mission to be the most trusted and preeminent regionally focused animal nutrition company in the United States, in 2015 a new brand strategy was implemented at KNG, making Kent the quality animal nutrition brand in the Midwest and Blue Seal the quality animal nutrition brand in the eastern U.S.
Kent Nutrition Group is a division of Kent Corporation, a family-owned American company with a history of innovation in animal nutrition. KNG is dedicated to commercial producers, farming communities, and animal lovers. The people behind the Kent and Blue Seal brands are proud of their role in animal nutrition, and work every day to enrich the lives of those who raise and care for animals.