GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better.
Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
- Co-ordinate with Shipping & IT Departments.
- Prioritize workload & process information to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accurate files
- Co-ordinate with Merchandisers regarding new shipments; follow up on stock damage during transit, storage/excess claims to be prepared, ensure stock is properly binned / tagged. Ensure adherence to all division / company, local & legal requirements.
- Follow-up with IT & Finance regarding stock written off (testers/ uniform/ damage/ giveaways/ defective products).
- Check that the Distribution Centre meets H&S regulations.
- Ensure Periodic maintenance conducted for all equipment. Manage a team including workload, motivation, training & appraisals.
- Ensure Supervision and Leadership to the team.
- Inform/guide Employees on company policies & procedures.
- Appraise Employees & monitor performance against set goals. Identify development needs and potential in order to assign appropriate job functions to develop them.
- Follow up on Employee welfare issues.
- File all goals & appraisals for Distribution Centre team.
- Assist in maintaining a clean & well-organized Distribution Centre, conducting daily inspection checks of areas.
- Carry out Employee searches on arrival & departure.
- Keep Manager updated on day to day matters: Seek approval for Employee overtime, advise on Employee & staffing problems, seek approval for all maintenance expenses, recommend resourcing levels to Manager, plan staffing & supervise transfer of stock during sales & Plan & inform subordinates regarding stock takes.
- Provide details of worked hours per task per shift. Process documentations in a timely manner & communicate progress to relevant parties & Line Manager. Develop efficient processes to meet company objectives.
- Keep inventory of non-saleable stock (bag/fittings/display item/flyers etc.)
- Plan & receive shipments status reports, advise of shipment sizes & stock allocations. Advise on & control stock allocation. Develop internal & external relationships to benefit department & company.
- Ensure that the right items are delivered.
About the requirements
- High School/ Diploma
To apply for this job please visit www.certfee.com.