Course Progress Bar
Following up on applications
Following up on job applications demonstrates your continued interest in the position and can help you stand out from other candidates. Here are some guidelines for effective follow-up:
- Timing: Follow up within a reasonable time frame, typically one to two weeks after submitting your application or after the interview. Consider the employer’s specified timeline or any instructions they may have provided.
- Medium of communication: Choose the appropriate medium for your follow-up, such as email or phone. Email is generally preferred, as it provides a written record and allows the employer to respond at their convenience.
- Professional tone: Keep your follow-up message concise, polite, and professional. Express your continued interest in the position and inquire about the status of your application or the next steps in the hiring process.
- Personalization: Reference specific details from your application or interview to remind the employer of your qualifications and how you can contribute to the organization.
- Thank you note: After an interview, it is customary to send a thank you note to the interviewer(s) expressing appreciation for their time and reiterating your interest in the position.