Role title: Head of Data Management
Location: Fulwood, Preston
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We are always looking for great talent to join our team and help achieve our ambitious goals and growth. We care about our people, and we care about the future of eye health and how CHEC can play an innovative part in making this great, with your help.
If you are care focused and looking to join an organisation that is thriving on success, then CHEC is your employer of choice! We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Data Management to join us as we continue to expand throughout the UK.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced data professional to join our dynamic Finance team and implement strategies to improve our NHS reporting.
As Head of Data Management you will manage a team of data professionals and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure data is accurate, accessible, secure, and compliant with relevant regulations.
The successful candidate will play a crucial role in aligning data initiatives with business objectives and driving data-driven decision-making across the organisation.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Develop and execute the data management strategy, in alignment with goals and objectives
- Ensure electronic reporting functions are as precise and consistent as possible, to the standard of reporting required for private equity partners
- Provide guidance, support and data to the organisation in an easy to read format which consistent outputs using PowerBi and other tools
- Establish and enforce data governance policies, standards and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Implement processes for data profiling, cleansing and validation
- Define and implement data lifecycle management practices, including data retention, archiving, and deletion
- Develop and maintain data quality metrics, regularly assessing and improving data quality across various sources
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Proven experience in data management, data governance, and data quality roles
- Be proficient in SQL and work around integrations and IT systems
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- In-depth knowledge of data management frameworks, techniques, and best practices
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and compliance standards
- Experience with data management tools, metadata management, and data cataloguing platforms
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work across departments and influence at various levels of the organisation
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving skills to address complex data management challenges
- Project management skills to drive initiatives to completion
- Understand data architecture, creating blueprints of how data is stored, integrated and accessed for a healthcare organisation, including data governance
- Experience with data-related technologies, such as data warehousing, ETL tools, and data integration platforms
Why work for us?
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Buy and sell annual leave scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Bluelight Card- 100’s of discount and cashback options
- Career development opportunities – dedicated reward framework and multiple learning opportunities
- Performance review with a training and development plan
- Great team and working environment
Community Health and Eyecare are an independent service provider that specialise in Ophthalmology and Endoscopy services supporting the NHS. CHEC are an established group of hospitals and community clinics across the UK. Our bespoke state of the art surgical centres are a beacon of envy, providing end-to-end care for our patients through NHS partnerships.
We have 5 core values that we uphold through our employee and patient lifecycle to ensure a pleasant experience for all. These are Caring, Passionate, Togetherness, Listening and Focus, something that all our colleagues are expected to naturally uphold here at CHEC.
Good relationships are built on trust, integrity, and honesty, the values that underpin CHEC’s commitment to the delivery of patient focused services. We strongly believe in a strong and open relationship with our employees.
As an employer, CHEC offers a great place to work and an enthusiastic team to work within. Amongst the benefits of becoming a CHEC team member are: