⚡ Be a part of something bigger and join us in powering a sustainable future.
At British Gas, our purpose is to ensure that all our customers can live simply, sustainably and affordably. As the UK’s leading energy supplier, we put customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do.
Whether we’re installing EV chargers on driveways across the UK or introducing thousands of homes to the benefits of heat pumps, our ambition is clear. We have a vital role to play in helping the nation prepare for a sustainable, NetZero future.
As a Lead Installer you will be the technical and supervisory lead for your Air Source Heat Pump crew. You will ensure the highest quality installation is delivered, ensuring regulatory and technical standards are met. Responsibility for commissioning, completing required documentation and customer handover will also sit with you. There will be an expectation to lead 2 simultaneous installs at the same time.
• Basic Salary: £42,755
• 40 hour week Monday – Friday
• 33 days holiday (inc. bank hols)
• Pension Scheme
• Company Van
• Fuel Card
• In addition, we offer a whole host of benefits to suit your lifestyle and wellbeing including Private Healthcare (which you can extend to immediate family)
We do require you to have the following qualifications & Experience
• NVQ level 2 in plumbing or similar
• ASHP installation qualification
• Gas Safe qualifications CCN1, CENWAT as minimum
• G3 regulations qualification
• Water Regulation’s Qualification
• Experience in domestic air source heat pump installations and high degree of competency in domestic heating design and installation including unvented hot water
• An understanding of underfloor heating systems and some manufacturers training on specific heat pumps is desirable
• Full driving license with 6 points or less
• Be the technical lead for the installation of monobloc and split air source heat pumps in domestic properties
• Keeping projects to time and accountable for delivery KPI’s including project budgets
• Be commercially aware keeping your crew’s wastage to a minimum
• Apply the highest standards & put the customer at the heart of everything you do
• Provide technical information to customers wanting to know more about low carbon technology (training will be provided)
• Overcome technical challenges and be comfortable working with minimal support
• Adhere to high HSE standards and be accountable for you own, customer and colleague safety.
• Limit in day issues by planning ahead and owning the customer journey from the point of install booked
• Lead, inspire and be the role model for your team of air source heat pump installers
As we build our Net Zero teams, there may be some travel and overnight stays required with these roles, all travel & accommodation costs will be paid for where this applies.
As part of our recruitment process, we will carry out financial, criminal record and reference checks, as well as checking you hold the required qualifications for this role prior to you starting with us