Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Senior Experience Design Director
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield’s DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver–based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Experience Design Director like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options.
Collaborate with the other studio craft directors and the experience design team, under the direction of the studio creative director. Build a deep understanding of our players and products, in order to identify key areas of impact to enhance the player experience. Apply data (insights & research) to measure and inform design direction and solutions. You will set a clear vision and strategy for user experience across multiple products, in development and live service.
Build and manage highly collaborative relationships with key stakeholders from game design, art, user research, product management,, and brand partnerships, to align and execute against the product vision for player, business, and technical goals.
Serve as a coach and mentor to UX and UI Designers, giving clear, actionable, and constructive feedback on their work, to set them up for success and growth. Collaborate with the design line director on the experience designers’ career development plans.
Work with the projects’ experience design directors to define best practices for the XD discipline across projects; from collaborative approaches between departments, to structured processes, workflows, and content standards. Define future XD team needs and processes, with an eye to growing XD at Ripple Effect to be ahead of the curve. Keep things moving forward, and help the team remain unblocked to deliver a best in class user experience.
- 5+ years of experience at a UX Director level, or 1+ years as a Senior Director of UX
- 2 or more shipped games in a UX Director role, or significant experience shipping cross-platform products with large-scale teams and a lot of ambiguity and change
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, UX principles and methodologies, and proficiency mentoring others in these areas
- Experience with data informed design: Applying player Insights, user testing/playtest feedback, and/or competitive analysis to define problem spaces, measure solutions and guide iterations
- A clear, enthusiastic communicator and presenter; you are comfortable presenting and persuading at an executive level, as well as motivating and inspiring your team members
- You care deeply about designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity, and also about developing and retaining diverse design talent on the team
- You understand the importance of respectful communication, providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner
- Passion for user-centered design, and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience developing UX for AAA games, multiplayer games, live service games or FPS genre
- Understand interaction design on console, pc and mobile
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, or HCI
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Apply online with your resume. We may ask you to present a portfolio of work as part of the application process.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $193,000 – $300,850
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $184,250 – $300,850
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $212,300 – $300,850
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $184,250 – $252,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $184,250 – $271,700
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.