Farm / Barn Laborer
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Farm Labourer based in Ayton, Ontario.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day operations on the chicken farm.
Hours of work: 7:30am to 3:00pm and every 3rd weekend
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Farm operations including animal care and poultry husbandry
- Record-keeping (monitoring of equipment, feeders, etc.)
- Mechanical, property and yard maintenance
- Operating farm machinery including ventrac, tractor
- Must adhere to all health and safety policies and practices
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- Experience in general labour
- Experience in farming is an asset
- Experience in operating tractors and other farming related equipment is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude is an asset
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays and on call alarm coverage