£70k-£85k dependent on experience
Financial services company
Northern Ireland BT23
Working for one of the leading financial advice practices in the UK, providing investment, pensions, mortgage and protection advice across multiple locations in Northern Ireland, Scotland and England. We are embarking on our next phase of exciting growth as a business and are looking to appoint a new Finance Director to be part of this journey.
About the role
Exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and commercially astute, qualified Finance professional to join a leading financial advice business which is looking to continue to grow and develop to the next level.
You will be responsible for the full finance function of the business and play a key role in the strategic development of the business, working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Commercial Officer. Reporting into the CCO
Our Finance team is based in our Newtownards main office in Northern Ireland, and the new Finance Director will also benefit from support from the current incumbent who is in the process of reducing their hours and duties.
To contribute to the attainment of the company’s business objectives and obligations by:
- Providing strategic and financial oversight and guidance to ensure that the company’s financial commitments and objectives are met
- Ensuring all financial reporting and monitoring is undertaken and completed in line with legal, HMRC, regulatory and company requirements
- Overseeing and applying all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business
- Leading, managing and developing the Finance Team
- Developing and implementing financial strategies for the business, furthering the business’s strategic ambitions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage, direct and support the finance team to ensure so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Oversee the preparation of the company’s financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
- In a timely and effective manner, provide and analyse monthly financial performance MI
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashflow management, commissions, payroll preparation and reporting.
- Ensure a robust internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- Provide insight, advice, guidance and actions relating to financial, and broader business, strategy.
- Develop, manage and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and all financial, regulatory and statutory regulations complied with.
- Provide and oversee budgeting and general finance guidance to the company’s managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives and operate in a cost effective and compliant way.
- Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company.
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations.
- Review and develop KPI reporting across key areas of the business.
- Create and develop effective relationships with finance operations at our key partners to ensure timely availability of all finance information.
You will be a finance professional with a demonstrable progressive career to date, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial setting delivering high quality results.
What you will need;
- Extensive senior level accountancy experience. Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Previous managerial experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and in particular the financial advice sector, including the relevant regulatory frameworks, would be advantageous but not essential
- Strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal