Invoicing & Order Desk Support Specialist
Parrish & Heimbecker
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Invoicing & Order Desk Support Specialist for our New Life Mills division based in Listowel, ON.
P&H New Life Mills
New-Life Mills is a Canadian-owned manufacturer of livestock nutrition since 1964. With five production facilities and a dedicated team of experts in species management, nutrition and production, our commitment to the best possible inputs, feed, and services for; broiler chickens, eggs, turkey, beef, dairy, and swine, is the driving force behind our success.
Company-owned farms facilitate responsible nutrition and species management research, and a strict quality assurance/ quality control program supports our FeedAssure certification. We believe that what we put into the feed helps livestock get more out of the feed – proven nutrition for a more profitable performing animal.
Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd has a people-first approach therefore, we offer many perks to our hard-working staff! Some of our benefits include:
- Learning and Development Programs
- Dental, Vision, and Extended Health Care
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Matching
- Wellness Program
- Company Events
Reporting to the Plant Manager as the Administrative & Order Desk Support Specialist, you will be responsible for tracking and processing of feed orders and grain bank for incoming ingredients and for supporting the customer service team by preparing and modifying pre-typed orders to fulfil our customer’s needs. You will impact the efficient operation of our office environment with your teamwork and organizational skills and can expand your knowledge by contributing to our Feed Assure and Health & Safety programs.
Day to Day
- Administrative lead for preparing invoices, grain bank tracking and reconciliation.
- Entry and maintenance of grain bank ingredients in the tracking spreadsheets.
- Match, verify and prepare invoices for customer purchases.
- Support the customer service team by checking, preparing and modifying pre-typed orders to fulfil our customer’s needs.
- Contributing to smooth office operations by completing filing
- Work collaboratively with head-office administration staff regarding customer invoicing and month/year-end documents.
- Support of Feed Assure (HACCP) program as needed.
- Providing backup coverage for accounts payable, matching, preparing and verifying for approval and payment process; and maintaining bulk and warehouse ingredient tracking sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Provide new user training/orientation to the computer systems.
- Minimum of OSSD, post-secondary education would be preferred.
- Minimum of 2 Years of experience in customer service.
- Strong Computer and Typing Skills, particularly MS Office.
- Agricultural background is preferable, with a working knowledge of medication and the MIB.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
To apply and learn more visit us at www.pandhcareers.com