|Licensed Electrician (442A, 309A, Red Seal)
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Don’t just maintain your success.
This is an exciting opportunity to troubleshoot what’s missing in your current career – and learn how you can achieve more with us. Not only do we make safety, performance and teamwork our priorities, we believe that anyone can reach their highest potential. As an Industrial Electrician at TMMC, you’ll get the support and tools you need to work efficiently, solve critical problems and drive major change in the industry.
To help you reach your goals at work and at home, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that stands out in the industry. Here’s a look at what we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate of $46.09/hour with shift premiums of $2.30 (afternoons) and $4.61 (nights), and paid overtime and annual bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with contribution matching by TMMC and Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during the first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Family is important – maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- On-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities at every career level
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, and allowance for uniforms
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
As a Licensed Industrial Electrician, you’ll belong to our Skilled Trades group. You’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, but you’ll also implement solutions that lead to continuous improvement. From challenging your thinking to finding the reason for a problem, you’ll be part of a culture that’s committed to creating solutions and exceeding expectations every single day.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Troubleshoot and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment unique to automotive manufacturing
- Perform preventative maintenance on highly automated equipment in accordance with standardized procedures to maintain equipment performance to achieve equipment uptime and production line targets
“Everyone supported me when I first started. My team members took me to different stations to get familiar with the equipment and explained the process. They explained the equipment issues and shared everything they had learned over the years.”
-Jaspreet, Maintenance Team Member
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician with relevant work experience is preferred or 5 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Electrician
- Demonstrated hands on experience and skills for troubleshooting and repairing different types of equipment in a fast-paced multi-skilled automated manufacturing/industrial environment, including PLC, VFD and industrial automation
- Ability to work a 3-shift rotation
- Ability to work at either the Cambridge or Woodstock facility
“In this role, you jump around from task to task. I enjoy the variety – and it’s nice not to be stuck on tasks for the long term. This role is good for thinking on your feet.”
-Gordon, Maintenance Team Member
About the Company
We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the gas and hybrid models of the Toyota RAV4, the Lexus RX, and the Lexus NX.
Discover why we’ve been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Apply now to join our supportive team, push boundaries and achieve more than you ever thought possible.
Email us at [email protected] with your questions.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people to work together and realize their full potential. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.