Date: Aug 23, 2023
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123999
Primary Location: Toronto, ON
All Available Locations: Toronto, ON; Brossard, QC; Burlington, ON; Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Fredericton, NB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Langley, BC; Moncton, NB; Ottawa, ON; Regina, SK; Saint John, NB; Saskatoon, SK; St. John’s, NL; Vancouver, BC; Vaughan, ON; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Salesforce Solution Architect, you will:
- Drive successful and winning Salesforce solutions for our clients
- Architect, design, and be accountable for the development of solutions
- Oversee and approve technical requirements, scope, and documentation (ERDs, system architecture, data flow, integration patterns, etc.) for implementation
- Act as a billable resource on engagements where complex design needs to be managed throughout the project
- Act as key contact for estimating and project scope, act as the technical lead for the Salesforce solution and related development (integrations, data migration)
- Create development and release plans for projects; inclusive of executing within an agile release methodology, leveraging continuous integration (CI) frameworks, and managing source control
- Liaise with clients for estimation, technical design, project status, etc.
- Develop reference architectures and end-to-end industry based productivity scenarios
- Identify suitable solutions within the Salesforce ecosystem, including the ISV ecosystem
- Understand the roadmap of Salesforce products and the major releases within each
- Understand at a high level the Deloitte Salesforce product offerings
- Understand how ancillary Salesforce Clouds and products may be leveraged within a nonprofit solution
- Participate in project retrospectives to understand what worked and didn’t work from a solution perspective
- Mentor and grow consultants interested in developing a career in Salesforce
About the team
The Salesforce Architect is responsible for translating customer requirements into an architecture and design that will ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution. This role is responsible for ensuring the delivery team executes consistent and efficient results to the customer. The Solution Architect will be the main point of contact for the sales and delivery teams for project design for any Salesforce implementations utilizing any custom solution.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
As a Salesforce Architect, you will have:
- 5-7+ years of experience in technical consulting or development; professional expertise in the Salesforce platform, Force.com, enterprise program delivery, and business analysis
- Salesforce certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Nonprofit Cloud Consultant, Platform App Builder, Salesforce Experience Cloud Consultant; Data Architect a plus
- Strong business acumen in the nonprofit industry, combined with an understanding of infrastructure technology and SaaS solutions within the nonprofit sector
- A deep understanding of nonprofit business operations, not limited to fundraising, program management, monitoring/evaluation/learning (MEL), grant management, stakeholder engagement, moves management, and marketing/communications
- Experience with large data volume (LDV) implementations; management of data migrations
- Ability to solution within declarative or Apex-oriented frameworks
- Proven ability to work with data model tooling, such as SQL, SOQL, and/or Oracle
- Experience with producing conceptual and logical architecture diagrams
- Proven leadership skills, including effective coaching of other team members, and demonstrated experience working with clients
- Experience estimating project work and creating appropriate roadmaps and leading technical projects through to execution
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills to facilitate meetings and complex concepts with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in an agile software development as well as extensive experience with Salesforce.com
- Understanding of CRM solutions and how they translate into business impact
- Thorough understanding of what may drive business priorities, strategy and direction, and what may drive customer business needs
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting skills and ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to details
- A post-secondary degree or certificate in a relevant field
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.