Farm / Barn Labourer
Parrish & Heimbecker
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Farm / Barn Labourer for our New Life Mills division based in Ayton, ON.
P&H New Life Mills
New-Life Mills is a Canadian-owned manufacturer of livestock nutrition since 1964. With five production facilities and a dedicated team of experts in species management, nutrition and production, our commitment to the best possible inputs, feed, and services for; broiler chickens, eggs, turkey, beef, dairy, and swine, is the driving force behind our success.
Company-owned farms facilitate responsible nutrition and species management research, and a strict quality assurance/ quality control program supports our FeedAssure certification. We believe that what we put into the feed helps livestock get more out of the feed – proven nutrition for a more profitable performing animal.
Parrish & Heimbecker Ltd has a people-first approach therefore, we offer many perks to our hard-working staff! Some of our benefits include:
- Learning and Development Programs
- Dental, Vision, and Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Matching
- Wellness Program
- Company Events
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day operations on the chicken farm.
Day to Day
Hours of Work: 7:30am to 3:00pm + Every 3rd Weekend
- Farm operations including animal care and poultry husbandry.
- Record-keeping (monitoring of equipment, feeders, etc.)
- Mechanical, property and yard maintenance.
- Operating farm machinery including ventrac and tractors.
- Must adhere to all health and safety policies and practices.
- Experience in general labour.
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays and on call alarm coverage.
- Experience in farming.
- Experience in operating tractors and other farming related equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
Join our team with Purpose & History! P&H’s roots go back over 110 years. We have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business that understands the qualities and conditions needed for meaningful growth. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
With over 70 locations spanning from coast to coast, and trade links around the globe, P&H is growth-oriented, diversified and vertically integrated with operations spanning across grain merchandising, flour milling, crop input distribution and animal feed production.
To apply and learn more visit us at www.pandhcareers.com