Senior Consultant – Valuations
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
With one of the largest teams of accredited business valuators in Canada, KPMG is a respected leader in the provision of valuations and fairness opinions. KPMG clients receive the attention of dedicated senior valuation professionals who remain actively involved in all aspects of the engagement.
Valuations are often subject to third-party scrutiny. KPMG professionals monitor the changing laws and sensitivities of regulators, standard-setting bodies, taxing authorities, and the courts. We adopt an anticipatory mindset to help ensure that contentious issues and potential objections are recognized and addressed prior to issuing our report.
Our valuation approach is rigorous. We invest the time required to understand the subject business, consulting with professionals from KPMG International’s global network as necessary. We combine our theoretical knowledge of sophisticated financial techniques with our practical understanding of capital markets. We excel when faced with complex and unusual issues. Our conclusions are well supported and our reports clear and concise. We always strive to deliver on time.
What you will do
- Document review.
- Financial analysis.
- Preparing tables and graphs.
- Industry and economic research.
- Report writing and editing.
- Financial model building and review.
- General file management.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ of work experience in the area of accounting and/or finance.
- Ability to perform complex formulas in Excel.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Enrolled, or willing to enroll in the CBV program with a view to obtaining their CBV designation.
Successful candidates will be driven and high achievers, self-motivated and work well both independently and with a team. They will have a strong aptitude for learning new things, a good work ethic and are open to feedback.
Other attributes that would be considered an asset include:
- Experience working in a regional or national accounting practice.
- Experience working in financial analysis or equity research roles.
- Proficiency working with Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- Experience building and reviewing financial models.
- Experience using Bloomberg and Capital IQ.
- Have obtained or in the process of obtaining the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) Designation.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment,