Date: Aug 19, 2023
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123744
Primary Location: Ottawa, ON
All Available Locations: Ottawa, ON
At Deloitte, we are driven by our purpose to make an impact that matters to our clients, our people, and our communities. We have been committed to working with Indigenous leaders, communities, and organizations for nearly 30 years. By investing our time and professional skills, we aim to break down barriers, such as access to education and employment, in order to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all. From our vast Indigenous and allies community, to our recent Silver level certification in the PAR program from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, we continue to strive to advance reconciliation in all areas of our firm driven by our Reconciliation Action Plan.
- By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters:
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, communities, and in the office.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada
Are you a financial analyst looking to provide your expertise to project management team(s), and learn and grow within a firm? Do you bring passion to what you do, showcase a can-do spirit and radiate the drive to do things right the first time to deliver high quality service? Then this is the job for you!
What will your typical day look like?
Your proactive nature will aid you in supporting preparation of budgets and forecasts to track and predict financial metrics such as revenue, expense, and profitability. Your attention to detail will allow you to track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions with accuracy. Your communication skills will serve you well in interacting frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various reporting, analyses, and discuss recommendations. Your business and/or financial education and experience will allow you to understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management. You are self-motivated to continuously learn and improve your technical and financial skill set. Your ability to work independently will make you thrive with little supervision and lead the project financial lifecycle end-to-end from contract to close.
About the team
This exciting opportunity sits within our “Engagement Financial Services” (EFS) practice and is comprised of Project Controls professionals serving as a focal point for financial aspects of project, program, and account management.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who:
• Has a Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial analysis role
• Must be eligible for GOC security clearance
• Understands key financials and operational concepts and can integrate these into financial model for analysis and forecasting to asses progress on projects
• Has excellent analytical, prioritization and problem-solving skills
• Has experience working with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level Excel
• Has outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Bilingualism (an asset)
• Preferably has working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, such as SAP or other comparable systems
• Seeks challenging opportunities takes accountability for personal results
• Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
** This role requires eligibility for obtaining a security clearance from the Government of Canada, that is to say, have been in continuous service in Canada for at least 5 years?
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.