Date: Aug 28, 2023
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Reference code: 123917
Primary Location: Montreal, QC
All Available Locations: Montreal, QC
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Do you want to work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment? Are you looking for a new opportunity in Digital & Automation? Look no further!
What will your typical day look like?
We are looking for a manager level professional to work within our Digital & Automation practice with strong problem-solving skills (diagnostic and solution development), a breadth of knowledge with respect to financial systems implementation, and processes in the finance function. This includes particularly systems specific to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Corporate Performance Management (CPM).
A career in Digital and Automation will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a challenging, fast growing, and collaborative team environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Identify needs and develop technological solutions to complex financial problems through debate and discussion, in teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Assume role as designed expert in your field, training colleges and clients on how best each system can fit their financial needs.
As an Manager in the Digital & Automation, Accounting Operations Advisory practice you will:
- Lead the planning and execution of projects primarily associated with financial technical advisory (such as system selections, system assessments, gap analysis, technical strategy and roadmap);
- Review client deliverables prepared by staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management;
- Keep current on new software functionality and its proper use;
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice;
- Develop and lead timely communications both internal and external;
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel.
About the team
Our Accounting Operations Advisory team focuses on enabling CFO’s and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our deep knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance – “How” Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our core services include CFO / Finance Effectiveness Workshops, Finance Operating Model Assessments, Finance Process Mapping / Redesign, and “Fix Finance” projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and a broad range of Digital & Automation services from financial systems assessments, selections, implementation advisory, as well as implementation of solutions that automate certain financial processes. The Digital & Automation team is a dynamic group who are focused on helping clients improve their finance function through the use of technology.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Commerce, CPA/CA designation;
- A minimum of 6 years of work experience including financial system implementations;
- Has exposure to financial management disciplines such as financial processes and controls, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management (GAAP and IFRS) and a strong understanding of the financial close and reporting process;
- Ability to collect, write and analyze high level business requirements;
- Experience in Finance, Audit, or IT will be considered as a very strong asset;
- Experience working as a consultant in professional services industry is a strong asset;
- PMP certification is a strong asset;
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and spoken, as the role involves facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership;
- Has experience working on multiple projects simultaneously and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.
Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.
You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you’re from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.
Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.
Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles – and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships – between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.
The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations) or [email protected] for any questions relating to careers for Indigenous peoples at Deloitte (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Job Segment: ERP, Operations Manager, Performance Management, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Marketing